The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   Hatch Motor Replacement (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/3822-hatch-motor-replacement.html)

WetWilly 04-04-2010 11:15 AM

Re: Hatch Motor Replacement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldorado (Post 21062)
an Acculift Service Center in Melvindale MI., they can be reached at 313 382-5121.

Thanks for the info Eldorado, it's been added to our parts list :wink_thumbup:

WetWilly

spinks99 04-05-2010 05:02 AM

Just got back from vacation-Disney World was a blast

Before I left, I found where the hatch motors connect to the original wiring. There were two extremely week connections to the motor I was having problems with. I cut them out and added two new butt-connectors. The motor started working properly.

The motor started working so well it was running faster than the left side. I changed out the crappy connections to that motor as well. They both seem to be running faster and in sync. I wonder if those were the original Mariah connections? It looked like some kind of quick connect that was a lousy connection. Maybe Wet Willy knows. The location was a b**** to get at. Tomorrow I will be working on it some more now that I'm back. I will let you guys know.

Danny

jhaag41 05-03-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinks99 (Post 20959)
I purchase my Z202 last fall. One of the hatch motors wasn't operating consistently, and it was causing all sorts of problems (ripped screws out, couldn't open when needed).

I purchased new hatch motors from Acculift over the winter. I finally got the cover off the boat, removed the rams and motors and bench tested the old motors. The motors worked just fine. I am suspecting there may be a wiring problem or switch problem inside the boat.

Does anyone have advice on where to start first while trouble shooting this thing. I don't want to waste time looking at something if I don't need to. The two areas I'm thinking are the switch and the breaker panel. Any advice would be great.

Danny:shakehead:

I had a similar problem and my mechanic said it was due to corrosion in the wires. What he did was wire the main hatch switch to trigger a pair of relays that would directly connect the lift motors directly to the battery with 10 guage wire for minimum voltage drop. Its a complicated solution but it works extremely well. The end result is the motors are directly connected to the battery instead of through the old thinner corroded wires. (hehe)

As for replacement acculift motors, If your motors are old enough you will have to buy new ones. I know this first hand as i had to replace mine. One was bad but I replaced them both and the work very well (and quieter too)

j

spinks99 05-03-2010 09:55 PM

Hi Jhagg,

That direct connect sounds like the hot ticket. My motors seem to be running all right now. I do have new motors, but I know they make a faster RPM motor as well. That would speed it up too.

All is well for now.

Danny