The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   Stere Bezel/Panel (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/2354-stere-bezel-panel.html)

95 Z240 Talari 04-22-2009 12:44 AM

Stere Bezel/Panel

2 Attachment(s)
I have been trying to find a replacement Stereo Panel for my 95 Z240 Talari. After 2 years of looking with no success I went out and made one. I have attached some pics of the end result.

Mike

WetWilly 04-22-2009 02:19 AM

Re: Stere Bezel/Panel

Hey Mike,

I like that Carbon Fiber look! Nice job!! :wink_thumbup:

WetWilly

ShabahZ280 04-22-2009 07:53 PM

Nice Job Mike, looks great!

Can you share your costs and things so other members can get an idea what's involved with doing this? It seems to be a very common issue, and one people are always looking to fix!

Vacation Dave 05-08-2009 03:45 PM

I'd be interested too!

95 Z240 Talari 05-11-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 13607)
Nice Job Mike, looks great!

Can you share your costs and things so other members can get an idea what's involved with doing this? It seems to be a very common issue, and one people are always looking to fix!

I used the Drawings from Randy Jobe in the "How To" Forum and took them to a machine shop that I am familiar with. (Costs will vary from Shop to Shop and your location)
They had to recreate them in a version campatible with their software.
I then commited to a minimum order of 10 since they didn't want to set up their equipment for 1 piece not to mention that the cost per piece was more appealing.
I do have the option now for future orders if there is any interest.

Vacation Dave 05-11-2009 04:06 AM

Hello mike,

My wife gave me the OK to go foir the original blac. Can I still get one?

Thanks Dave

Vacation Dave 05-11-2009 04:30 AM

Mike,

I tried to find it under the Parts and Collectibles. Still trying to get my site navigational skills down.

At first I thought you had the plastic. I don't really need it now, but I thought I should have a back-up.

The pictures are great and I liked the stenciling to copy the look original look. Question is .. Do you have one already made or would you take orders to have one made up?

Thanks dave

rtopedvm 08-09-2009 03:15 AM

Hi,
I have a 1995 Barchetta 192Z
I too am looking for this stereo Bezel. Would it fit in this model? It looks very similar. If you have one available, I'd be interested in purchasing one too. Let me know. You can email me if you would like
[email protected]
Thanks,
rtopedvm

ginodesico 03-01-2010 02:21 PM

Mike, Do you sell just a template so I could use the pattern to have a machine shop cut one out for me local? Paper or cardboard? I have a 96 Z255 Shabah that your metal one looks exactly like the wood one I need to replace. Thanks

pppub 04-10-2010 11:15 PM

that is great job . i just made me a new panel out of brich wood and painted it covered it with a small sheet of siding wood grain. but mine does not look as nice as yours . will get a picture tomorrow for show but i will be reworking mine . yours put mine to shame. lol but i tried.