The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   New to Mariah question (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9991-new-mariah-question.html)

creynolds 03-07-2015 04:24 PM

New to Mariah question

I am looking at possibly purchasing an excellent looking Mariah and would like some feedback.

What I am looking at is a 1997 209 Talari with a 5.7 Merc. Comes with Wakeboard tower, Bimini top, and full canvas cover. It looks like it is in great shape by the pictures and well taken care of.

My questions are:

Should I have any concerns with buying a '97 in 2015?

What would be a reasonable buying price for this boat?

Thanks in advance for your help.

LakeRat11 03-08-2015 09:22 PM

Re: New to Mariah question

Mariah's are truly great boats. Well built, and a nearly all-factory boat, most hardware and materials are superior to most other brands. The upholstery on mariahs are beautiful but tend to tear a little, so keep an eye on that. Consider any cracks in the dash or any plastics, (all made in 1 factory that doesn't exist anymore) so they are nearly impossible to replace.
Last summer I bought mine, 1999 Shabah 202 5.0 Merc And it is a great boat. I test drove a 1996 talari 209 5.7 and I was impressed as well.
Do you have a picture of the boat? Good luck on your serch!

LakeRat11 03-08-2015 09:24 PM

Do not be afraid of the year, the 90's produced great boats. What is the price they are asking?

ShabahZ280 03-10-2015 11:14 AM

LakeRat said it very well. You shouldn't have any issues with a Mariah from this vintage. The people who bought these boats paid quite a bit more than the average, so they tended to (and still do) take much better care of their boats than the average boater. I've seen original 1990 Mariah's that look like they just rolled off the showroom floor. :wink_thumbup:

Threejakes 03-21-2015 02:10 PM

We bought our's new in '99. Has always been a great boat. Looking forward to this season.....it will be our 15th with this boat....no issues!!

Michaels1956 03-22-2015 06:38 PM

If you find a 1990's Mariah boat, don't be afraid to buy for they are awesome. The hull is fantastic and interior decking is made out of XL CCA Pressure treated plywood for life of boat. Better than marine plywood and won't roat according to manufacture. I have a 1992 Mariah 2000ZC Cuddly with hardtop in bow and it's in Southeast Alaska and the deck is in perfect condition. I got a steal on this boat because the previous owner who purchased boat in 1992 became scared of the sea but I love fishing and fished most of my life. :-) Hope you get a good price.

mikeyt 03-24-2015 01:16 AM

There is a STICKY at the top of the Marketplace / Boats for Sale section that will help you out.