Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New Member, really want a Mariah. Have one in mind.

Original Mariah Talk

Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #1

cholschlag is currently offline
Find me on the Map
Gallery Images: 0

Send cholschlag:
a Private Message

Default New Member, really want a Mariah. Have one in mind.

Ok, Im 33, my wife and I have decided to buy our first boat. I have driven plenty, been on plenty but never owned one. When I was in high school, my best freinds dad bought a brand new Mariah and I remember how much I liked that boat. So, here we are, looking to get a Mariah. I found one, hopefully I can get it before someone else does, but anyway, its a 2000 212 Shabah, with a tandem axle prestige trailer. It has a V-8 with only 130 hours on it. The guy thats selling it says he just doesnt use it. He is asking 15500 for it? Im not sure if thats a good price or not, but I really want this boat. Any thoughts on this particular year, model, etc. He is getting it out of storage this weekend but Im hoping to make him an offer before that. Any thoughts or opinions would be great. If I dont get this one, I might just wait till another one comes along.
  • Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #2

Z 202 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Mariah Shabah 202
    My Engine: 5.7L Alpha 1
    Gallery Images: 6

Send Z 202:
    a Private Message

Nice choice for a first boat, but then any of the members here would say that...

www.nadaguides.com list it in the $11k to $13k range, using a base model and generic V8 motor. That's without the trailer of course. However your local market might dictate lower or higher.

Post up ad much detail as you can. I'm sure others will chime in.

My Shabah is using what the hybrids are saving!
    Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #3

Find me on the Map

Send cholschlag:
    a Private Message

This is the ad:
    Excellent Condition. 21', less than 130 hrs. V-8 Merccruiser w/ Bravo 1 Lower unit. Tandem Axle w/ surge brakes trailer (Prestige). Better Photos upon request.

I talked to the owner today and he said the boat was in "immaculate" condition. He is the only owner, has the interior professionally cleaned at the end of every season. It is stored on a lake in the summer time but when not in use, it is stored on a lift. I saw some pictures of a 202 on here that looks identical to this one as far as the color scheme is concerned. Damn it looks nice(the pics on here are much better than the ones I have of the boat). Im not sure what is standard equipment for this boat so its hard for me to price it on NADA. Im thinking of offering 14000 and go from there. What are trailers worth or how can I price them out? By the way, this is such a great forum. I searched for something like this for a long time about other boats but havent found any of this magnitude. There is great information here, and since Ive started reading everything about these boats, its makes me want this one even more.
    Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 AM   #4

dwmax is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 2001
    My Model: Shabah 212 Limited
    My Engine: 350 mag with alpha one
    Gallery Images: 17

Send dwmax:
    a Private Message

First welcome to the forum! Now I have a few questions does the boat come with the convertible top, snap on bow and cockpit covers and or a road cover? Is there any corrosion on the motor, pulleys etc.? Is the boat a Z model? Does it have a through hull exhaust (its called a captains call exhaust)? All these items make the price of the boat higher. But if the boat is in as good of shape as the seller claims it still would be worth what you are going to offer if its what you want. But thats just my opinion because I have a Z212 and absolutely love it good luck and let us know how it turns out.
    Old 04-17-2008, 02:39 AM   #5

Find me on the Map

Send cholschlag:
    a Private Message

Default Update!!! Update!!!

YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Well, I am now the proud owner of a 2000 212 Shabah. I offered the owner 14,000 and he said he wouldnt come that low, for that, he would keep it. In the end, he came down 500 and we made the deal. But Im ok with it, cause I am so happy get this boat. I just love the way they look. This boat is not the Z model but Im ok with that, I dont need the upgraded motor, this will be plenty big enough for my first boat. It does have a bow and cockpit cover as well as a travel cover. I will be picking up the boat on Sunday and will upload some pics ASAP. I cant wait to get this out on the water. Riddle me this? Is Mariah considred an "off brand" to people outside of this forum. I have heard of them and have always liked them but not a lot of people know about them. I asked my neighbor who just bought a 2004 baja islander and he said he didnt know much about them but thought they were an "off brand". I know its not and I think hes gonna be surprised at the interior of this boat. The back bench seat with the four plush head rests are enough to make someone say WOW. Anyway, Im happy, cant wait to show it off.
    Old 04-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #6

WetWilly is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 25

Send WetWilly:
    a Private Message

Hi cholschlag,

Congratulation's on your new Mariah!!! Sounds like you probably got a good deal from what your telling us as to it's condition and it probably has extras too!

Well welcome to the family, you can be sure we will help you keep you Shabah in top form. Any questions, just fire away!

When you've had a chance to settle down from all the excitement, would you mind taking a little time to stick you pin on our map! Oh, before I forget, take some pictures and get them up on the Gallery too!

If you need any help with the Pin or Gallery, here are some tutorials:

Click here for Pin

Click here for Gallery

Welcome aboard,
    WetWilly
    Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 AM   #7

Z210Shabah is currently offline
    My Year: 1997
    My Model: 1997 Z210 Shabah 5.7 E

Send Z210Shabah:
    a Private Message

Congratulations and welcome to the forum-You got a hell of a boat for 15000.I paid 600 more for my 97' last year and could'nt be happier.First off,Mariah is not an "off brand" boat.The original Mariah Boats Inc. was owned and operated by a guy named Jimmy Fulks.The true Mariahs were built from1989-2001,after which the company closed its doors and went bankrupt.Seafox bought the Mariah name and molds but do not offer any original replacement parts for the 89-01 models,so baby your Mariah as if it were your child,cuz parts are hard to come by.Check out some of the articles in the forum on Mariah and you'll see why its not an off brand-Its the best and most attractive boat ever built------Larry J.
    Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #8

Mariah Z276 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1997 Z276 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 5

Send Mariah Z276:
    a Private Message

Congratulations!!! So glad to have a new family member. I cant wait to see the pictures.