The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Transom shower pump question? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9866-transom-shower-pump-question.html)

tpdtopcop 10-24-2014 02:10 PM

Transom shower pump question?

Hi all,

Bought a new to me 1996 shabah z255 7.4ltr mercruiser and she runs like a dream. I had marina winterize boat two weeks ago and during the winterization they asked me about the transom shower? I said I have never used the shower and dont know if previous owner did either. They called back and said the pump to shower was not working and left it at that, but is that something that I can change and replace? Where is it located?

thanks

Brad

Hudson River Steve 10-24-2014 06:59 PM

Re: Transom shower pump question?

On my 1999 Z280 the transom shower pump is screwed to the inside of the transom. Are your sure the marina mechanic had the circuit breaker for the pump turned on?

tpdtopcop 10-25-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson River Steve (Post 55479)
On my 1999 Z280 the transom shower pump is screwed to the inside of the transom. Are your sure the marina mechanic had the circuit breaker for the pump turned on?

Steve,

Thanks for response and no I am not sure? Where would the circuit breaker be? The only reason they asked about winterizing it was because the seacock was open? I dont know where that is either by the way.

ShabahZ280 10-27-2014 03:38 PM

The seacock is located in the bottom of the hull. It's a valve that you can open or close. You can find it very easily by looking underneath your boat and finding the thru-hull fitting where it pulls the water from. It'll either be a brass or a white plastic fitting. The pump should be routed to a switch or breaker somewhere either in the cabin, or near the shower part itself. If it's not, then perhaps it's wired into the fuse panel and the fuse is just blown. It'll require some investigation and wire tracing, but hopefully you can find it this way.

My suggestion would be to leave the seacock valve open, turn the showerhead on. If no water comes out, then you're probably pretty safe. If you want to make sure you're safer, you can unscrew and remove the fitting where the showerhead fits onto the pump itself, and this should clear the line of any residual water, and then screw the fittings back on tight again. Even though it won't be fully winterized with antifreeze and such, you've got less of a chance of your transom shower system freezing if there's minimal water in the line.

lisapaul1 10-27-2014 05:25 PM

Brad,

I have a 2000 Z272 Shabah with a Transom shower pump. Mine has an option for fresh water or lake water. If your has that option, you might want to check the fresh water supply as well. Mine is a 5 gallon bag on the starboard aft side. Make sure it's empty and the lines blown out as well.

Paul