The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   2 questions, trim tabs and throttle (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9724-2-questions-trim-tabs-throttle.html)

mrboater 08-11-2014 07:13 PM

2 questions, trim tabs and throttle

Hello All,

Just a couple quick questions for a Z225.

It has trim tabs - I don't know if they were installed after market or not but there is no way of telling if they're down or up while in the water. I have to count in my head every time - is there an easier way to track these? - they're also installed criss crossed to add insult to injury....

Second question, my throttle is stiff going down but the loose when backing off. To the point that if its rough out there, it will back off the throttle while driving (I like to stand while I drive).

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback on the prop issue, picking up a new 4 blade SS this weekend which I'm told will be a great help for the hole shot.

Thanks!

Hudson River Steve 08-11-2014 07:45 PM

Re: 2 questions, trim tabs and throttle

I assume you have hydraulic trim tabs, if so then you can install a Trim Tab Indicator system Trim Tab Indicators to help indicate exactly where the tabs are at all times. The indicator ain't cheap, so most people just start with the tabs all the way retracted and adjust as required. As a matter of fact, my Z280 came with an auto retractor module that fully retracts the trim tabs each time the ignition switch is turned off.

Depending on your throttle, I believe there is an adjustable drag screw on the underside to prevent the the throttle lever from moving due to shock and vibration.

mrboater 08-12-2014 08:06 PM

Thanks HR Steve, much appreciated!

mrboater 08-18-2014 04:15 PM

Can never find my original post but thanks to everyone who recommended the 4 blade 20" pitch prop. It made a great difference this weekend with the hole shot and while cruising.

Can't help but wonder, would a 5 blade be any better or help any further? I know there is a "sticky" on this but as always I would much rather hear peoples actual opinions and experiences.

1994 Z225, 7.4L that runs about 4500 rpm WOT

Thanks!

mikeyt 08-18-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrboater (Post 54945)
Can never find my original post but thanks to everyone who recommended the 4 blade 20" pitch prop. It made a great difference this weekend with the hole shot and while cruising.

Can't help but wonder, would a 5 blade be any better or help any further? I know there is a "sticky" on this but as always I would much rather hear peoples actual opinions and experiences.

1994 Z225, 7.4L that runs about 4500 rpm WOT

Thanks!

Stick with your 4 blade. The 5 blade creates too much drag and is mostly designed for tubing/ski boats.