The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Depth finder advice? in dash-- (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9362-depth-finder-advice-dash.html)

mustang_saily 05-28-2014 04:32 PM

Depth finder advice? in dash--

Hi,
looking to swap out a dead depth finder in my 1995 Barchetta, any advice/warnings? looking at the
HawkEyeŽ In Dash Depth Finder/Sounder - Transom/In-Hull Transducer

Smokymance 07-24-2014 02:28 AM

Re: Depth finder advice? in dash--

any pictures of ur current unit? i have the same exact boat and looking for ideas where to mount the gauge

Paul F 07-24-2014 04:37 AM

Mounted mine between the speedometer and tach.

Smokymance 07-24-2014 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul F (Post 54479)
Mounted mine between the speedometer and tach.

What brand do you have ?

husker_fan 07-24-2014 07:05 AM

'95 Barchetta 192 here and mounted mine between tach and speedo also. Its a Lowrance LST-3800. I can take a picture of it if you'd like to see. You wouldn't know by looking it wasn't put there by the factory.

Smokymance 07-24-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker_fan (Post 54481)
'95 Barchetta 192 here and mounted mine between tach and speedo also. Its a Lowrance LST-3800. I can take a picture of it if you'd like to see. You wouldn't know by looking it wasn't put there by the factory.

A picture would be nice if you get a chance. is the sensor out the back or in the bilge area?

husker_fan 07-24-2014 02:19 PM

Mine is out the back, but its not a factory unit. I added it. I think most factory ones are shoot through hull.

husker_fan 07-24-2014 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what mine looks like.

mustang_saily 07-25-2014 03:55 AM

wow...that turned out nice...I have one installed but doesn't work...any ideas why it wouldn't work? so that's why I'm looking to install a new one....

mikeyt 07-25-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustang_saily (Post 54499)
wow...that turned out nice...I have one installed but doesn't work...any ideas why it wouldn't work? so that's why I'm looking to install a new one....

This is another of those questions that gets asked quite often.If you are getting erratic readings usually the problem is with the transducer. If its attached to the hull under the motor check to see if its firmly attached. If it's loose then you can simply re-epoxy it back into place. If you are getting no read-outs at all, i would check the power and the ground wire connections. Do a site search for transducer or depth finder and you will find a number of threads discussing this topic.