Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Chariot Trailer Specs

Original Mariah Talk

Old 04-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #1

272man is currently offline
My Model: 1995 Z275 Davanti
My Engine: 8.2L 502 bravo 1
Gallery Images: 0

Send 272man:
a Private Message

Default Chariot Trailer Specs

Hey guys I have a Chariot trailer that was made for my 95 Davanti 275 I have misplaced the title and need to apply for a new one the DMV states I must the specs for the trailer I can see the vin but the sticker is so sun faded I can't get the weights off of it or all of the vin number and Chariot closed in 1997 I believe so really don't have a way to call the company and get specs. I believe reading the forums the 275 Davanti weighs roughly 6100 pounds ?? Just wasn't sure if someone on here had a Chariot trailer for a boat that size that could give me specs thanks again.

Looking for empty weight and Gross with boat I believe ??

Gregg
  • Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #2

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Chariot Trailer Specs

You're correct. Chariot was owned by Mariah and specialized in building trailers specifically for Mariah. They went out of business in 1997, and the assets/designs/etc were sold to Prestige trailers. Prestige sold them as their own, even though not much changed, even down to the same font used on the trim package decals! Prestige went out of business a few years ago, and their assets were sold to Heritage Trailers. I doubt they'd be help to you, but you could try.

If you can see the VIN, you should probably just need to get it weighed and the form validated to register it. Any truck stop with a CAT scale should be able to do it for you. You've got a few options. If you have the means to launch the boat and leave it somewhere to get the trailer weighed empty, this will be the easiest, and least amount of headache for the clerk working the scale. If not, just take the boat, trailer and truck and go get it weighed together. Tell the clerk ahead of time that you need to get the boat trailer weight. They'll grab a full weight measurement, then they'll ask you to go offload the trailer in the parking lot, and weigh the truck by itself again. They subtract this from the first full scale weight, to get the weight of the boat and trailer. Give them the weight of the boat (6100lbs dry), plus any additional weight, such as fuel, water, etc. If the boat's gas tank is full, add 464 lbs (6.1 lbs/gallon x 76 gallons), etc. I'd say you should tell them the boat weighs about 6500-6700 lbs. They'll subtract this from the weight recorded and that should give them the trailer weight. It's not the most accurate method but the only reason they want to know the trailer weight is so they know how much extra to tax you.

Hope this helps.
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification