The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Z275 ST Value?????????? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9193-z275-st-value.html)

mhelt 04-15-2014 01:19 AM

Z275 ST Value??????????

I have owned several boats in the go fast market but since getting married looking at a 2001 Mariah Z275ST Mid Cuddy. It has the 496 with 70hours and a B3 drive. Flawless condition and it comes on a Heritage tandem axle trailer. I can get pretty close on values typically but I am definitely out of my norm on this deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As far as what others have paid or what others have seen them listed for. Thank You

mikeyt 04-15-2014 02:19 AM

Re: Z275 ST Value??????????

Welcome aboard. Hopefully some of the guys with the larger boats will be along to offer up their opinions. Do you have a link for this boat you are looking at?

mhelt 04-15-2014 02:23 AM

Thanks. Yes it seems there has been a lot of talk in the past on this model so I'm hoping for some more. No link it is a private sale.

Motoxxx43 04-15-2014 01:46 PM

I love the design of the 275. In my opinion that is a hot item. 2001 is technically the last year they were made. I watch the prices on these boat pretty close. I have a buddy in the market for one. I can say that the prices are all over the place. If that boat were at a stealership I bet the 30k mark would be a decent starting point with that model, Z package and motor.
Two very similar if not identical boats may go for quite a difference in price. I have a 25' cuddy and did pretty good compared to some of the others with various trim levels prices as much at 12k higher than the asking price of my seller.
I'm not an expert, that is just my findings in the recent market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

mhelt 04-15-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoxxx43 (Post 51616)
I love the design of the 275. In my opinion that is a hot item. 2001 is technically the last year they were made. I watch the prices on these boat pretty close. I have a buddy in the market for one. I can say that the prices are all over the place. If that boat were at a stealership I bet the 30k mark would be a decent starting point with that model, Z package and motor.
Two very similar if not identical boats may go for quite a difference in price. I have a 25' cuddy and did pretty good compared to some of the others with various trim levels prices as much at 12k higher than the asking price of my seller.
I'm not an expert, that is just my findings in the recent market.

Thanks for the info. So I will spill the facts now. One owner 70 freshwater hours you can eat off the boat and trailer. They put all new tires on the trailer. Boat has always been kept inside. They are thinking mid 20s. Fair price? Premium price? Or steal?

Motoxxx43 04-15-2014 02:06 PM

Well not that its worth more than the paper hita printed on... the NADA just showed 28k on the high end with a trip axle trailer. In my opinion I think mid 20's would be a great buy. I value those boats so I may be biased.
Something to consider: a 2001 boat with low hours could still take money to get going. Example being batteries needing replaced. Old fuel removed. Bellows getting replaced- they dry rot!

Motoxxx43 04-15-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoxxx43 (Post 51618)
Well not that its worth more than the paper its printed on... the NADA just showed 28k on the high end with a trip axle trailer. In my opinion I think mid 20's would be a great buy. I value those boats so I may be biased.
Something to consider: a 2001 boat with low hours could still take money to get going. Example being batteries needing replaced. Old fuel removed. Bellows getting replaced- they dry rot! I'm sure I left some things out but that's what comes to mind.

mhelt 04-15-2014 03:02 PM

Very true. Wasn't thinking about the batteries or bellows. I'll see if I can find any issues.:wink_thumbup:

Motoxxx43 04-15-2014 03:31 PM

I didn't mean to quote myself!! Was trying to edit/add stuff.

What color/color scheme is it?

mhelt 04-15-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoxxx43 (Post 51622)
I didn't mean to quote myself!! Was trying to edit/add stuff.

What color/color scheme is it?

All white with tan and white interior. Tan snap in carpet