Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Z275 ST Value??????????

Original Mariah Talk

Old 04-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #11

mikeyt is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 1996
My Model: Shabah 180
My Engine: 4.3
Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
a Private Message

Default Re: Z275 ST Value??????????

Check out Boattrader.com I see a 2001 there for $30.5k in Tennessee. Of course the theme from Deliverance will be the only thing playing on your radio....
  • Old 04-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #12

mhelt is currently offline
    Gallery Images: 0

Send mhelt:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    Check out Boattrader.com I see a 2001 there for $30.5k in Tennessee. Of course the theme from Deliverance will be the only thing playing on your radio....
    Yea i just discovered it this afternoon. It seems i have struck a deal with the owner. Well atleast i hope since i have already ordered an extended swimplatform from swimplatforms.com. Judging the history of the boat the current market trends and from what i have seen ones listed for i feel like im getting into the boat right. defintely not a steal. Hopefully someone on here will like it in a year or two when im ready to go fast again. Im guessing in 2years i will still be under the 300 hr mark but no promises. I get lost alot and alcohol induced internal gps system likes the long way home.
    Old 04-16-2014, 02:03 AM   #13

z275st is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 2001 Z275st 496HO Bravo1
    Gallery Images: 33

Send z275st:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mhelt View Post
    Yea i just discovered it this afternoon. It seems i have struck a deal with the owner. Well atleast i hope since i have already ordered an extended swimplatform from swimplatforms.com. Judging the history of the boat the current market trends and from what i have seen ones listed for i feel like im getting into the boat right. defintely not a steal. Hopefully someone on here will like it in a year or two when im ready to go fast again. Im guessing in 2years i will still be under the 300 hr mark but no promises. I get lost alot and alcohol induced internal gps system likes the long way home.

Na!! You won't want to git rid of it in a year or two. It is one of the most versatile boats you can own. my only complaint is the fridge will quickly drain batteries even set on low so I unplugged mine and use it as another cooler. As for price, it sounds like you are getting a fair or better deal, since a boat in excellent shape demands a better price. Just go to any manufacture website and build one similar to it and see the list price. I have and it would be well over a $100,000 boat!!!

Enjoy
    ColoradoDiablo likes this.
    Thank you z275st for this useful post!
    Motoxxx43 (04-16-2014)
    Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #14

mhelt is currently offline
    Gallery Images: 0

Send mhelt:
    a Private Message

Not to go off topic but the comment about the refrigerator. Where does it unplug at? I have no reason to use the refigerator and currently all batteries are deader than a hammer. Im still digging through the compartments looking for any possibilities of other shut off switches. Also going even further off topic it has the 496 mag ho and it is currently winterized. What steps would i take to unwinterize?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #15

z275st is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 2001 Z275st 496HO Bravo1
    Gallery Images: 33

Send z275st:
    a Private Message

mhelt,

I found no switch only for the fridge so I unplugged it. It has two wires about 12 inches long coming out of it in the back. When I first got the boat the house battery and two starters would die very quickly. I finely found it was the problem. It will hold extra ice all day long. I often freeze 5-6 bottles of water and place in it with lunch meat and candy bars to keep cool all day. If you open the fridge and unscrew the trim screws and pull out the fridge, you can stuff insulation around and bottom of the molded in cooler above it. You will find by doing this ice and cold drinks will last much longer on hot days!
    As for starting in spring: make sure all hoses are connected and 2 blue screw-plugs/stopcocks on water pump (lower left front of engine) are there and tight. If you have closed cooling sys. (you will have antifreeze tank if you do) pull up on the ring-pin on the right front top of engine and make sure it goes all the way in/down or water will pump into bilge while the engine is running. This can lead to a couple hours of trying to find out where water is coming from while you could otherwise be boating (Or so I have heard).

Back the boat deep into the water or use garden hose for pressure with earmuffs on lower unit to start first time.