The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   frozen block? nnaaahhhh! well? OCD (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9017-frozen-block-nnaaahhhh-well-ocd.html)

phillycincykid 01-27-2014 11:03 PM

frozen block? nnaaahhhh! well? OCD

this is the third year i winterized the boat myself . the previous 2 years had no problems, however it hasn't been this cold.
The occasional warm day we have i look at the bilge drain and pray i don't see any antifreeze dripping out.

The excessive worrying i seem to do that i did it right this year i guess we'll come to fruition come spring.
Does anyone else have this problem?? this winter sucks . its cold and grey. looking forward to complain about how much money i spending on gas this summer.

Dredd 01-28-2014 04:27 PM

Re: frozen block? nnaaahhhh! well? OCD

Haha, I suffer from the same problem. This year has been especially bad because my boat is stored the furthest it's ever been stored from my house, I've never gone so long without seeing it, and it's been really cold here as well. 11 degrees right now, up from 1 earlier.

mikeyt 01-28-2014 06:05 PM

Mine is stored about 1.5 hrs drive away and outside. Given the consistent ridiculously low temps we've had since before Christmas, i've been wondering how the winterization is holding up too... :(

Andy b 01-28-2014 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Keep mine at home so checking up on it is child's play.:yes_grin:
Our cold snap is just about to start apparently.
I've got the dehumidifier running 24/7 and a frost bar in the bilge on a temp switch.
My engine bay is a toasty 10.5*c :D

phillycincykid 01-28-2014 11:11 PM

glad im not the only one with a complex!!! i like having my boat at home, i usually check in on it once a month but since its been so cold haven't been able too. could be worse thou ive seen about 6 different boats in my area that have sunk in the river for whatever reason, my guess would be poor weatherization, but who knows.

ShabahZ280 01-29-2014 06:03 PM

+1 on what Dredd said. This is the first year I'm storing my boat in Sandusky. (4hrs away). I'm stored on the trailer inside a covered building, which (hopefully) is protecting the boat from the sub-zero temps we've been having.

Just like everyone else, I'm worried too, even though I shouldn't be. I used -60F for the engine and generator blocks, and used -50F for the water system. It's gotten down around -15 and -20 wind chills up there, but not for long extended periods of time. Fingers crossed....Spring better get here soon! :wink_thumbup:

doaclnr 01-30-2014 02:08 AM

I usually do my own but this year I decided to have my local marina do it. Never had problems with my own except back in 06 but we won't talk about that. My boat is about 2.5 hrs away and I try to get down at least once a month to check on it. Its out side but under a roof. Stored my last boat there for 2 yrs with no problems. Is it April yet?!

gahooligan 01-31-2014 03:37 AM

Really Glad I live in GA!

mikeyt 01-31-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahooligan (Post 50432)
Really Glad I live in GA!

Umm yeah. I've been watching your weather reports on CNN over the last couple of days... :)

Paul F 02-01-2014 03:19 PM

If it makes you guys feel any better, it used to be this cold nearly every winter years ago.

Frozen at 30 degrees is the same frozen at 10 below. It only matters to living creatures. Machinery in storage doesn't care. :wink_thumbup: