The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Barchetta weight (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8730-barchetta-weight.html)

vman 08-28-2013 01:07 AM

Barchetta weight

Been looking at several different Mariaha boats and was wondering the weight of a 272 barchetta, the 1 I am looking at is a 1995. Another 1 is a 1996 I am trying to guess the weight on these boats for 2 reasons. 1 of the boats doesn't have a trailer and I called a place today and they say it has to have a triple axle trailer. The other has a trailer but its a tandem axle trailer and the boat looks oversize on it like the boat is wider than the trailer. Its a Eagle trailer. The other reason I want to see if my 2010 f150 supercrew 4x4 with max tow will pull it. It has the 3:73 gears and will pull over 11,000 pds. Thanks Vman

mikeyt 08-28-2013 02:50 AM

Re: Barchetta weight

'96 brochure says dry weight is 6100 lbs.

ColoradoDiablo 08-28-2013 05:21 AM

I'm a Ford Lover from hell , but there ain't no way a F150 is going to pull 11,000 lbs other than on the flats! , if your lucky!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Do everyone on the road a favor and get a F250 at least , if your going to pull that kind of weight.
I can't even imagine trying to stop that kind of weight behind a 1/2 ton truck in a "emergency" situation.
Best you got is a............... "OOhh **** scenario (bad wording- sorry) when it comes time to stop in a hurry.

Just common sense , in my opinion.

As usual...............just my opinion.

Motoxxx43 08-28-2013 12:12 PM

Pulled a Shabah 250 about 450mi Powell with a 2010 Sierra 1500. It has the 5.3 and a 6 speed. It pulled a night an day difference over my 1999 5.4L F150 BUT it still had a hard time. I mean I could actually do the speed limit but we got like 9-11mi a gallon depending on the terrain. The Shabah is around 4400 not to mention the ice chests, gear and etc. If I were to try an pull over twice that I would probably not be going far. The surge brakes went out on the way to Powell. It sucked trying to come down the mountain passes and even basic stops for lights. Had to use the manual tranny shift a lot. It was not fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

vman 08-28-2013 04:11 PM

Colorado The specs on my truck says it will pull 11000 pds. I have pulled 7000 pds with no problem at all. Heavy tow package with those gears is nothing. It has the 6 speed tranny. I pull my champion have the boat I feel, loaded with fuel and equpment and I don't even feel it back there. Its a 20.1 ft. Loaded I would say around 5000lbs. When I had my 04 same truck and gears but 5 speed tranny I could pull my Mariah loaded with fuel 75 mph and no problems. At all. So I would say pulling a 27 ft boat is not outta the question

vman 08-28-2013 04:22 PM

Moto I hear ya, and I mean no disrespect so don't take it that way please. But a chevy with the basic gear package as well as the fords what I call car gears they are lucky to get out of their own wy. Sure they might be able to pul a small trailer or what not but nothing much bigger unless you have the gears and torque. 3:73 gears and 4:10 are pulling gears. Its a disgrace in my oppinion what they put in todays trucks. I was going to buy another truck and I would have to go up to a F250 to get what I have in this 1.

ColoradoDiablo 08-28-2013 04:43 PM

Bring it up here in the mountains and see what happens.:rolleyes:

Motoxxx43 08-28-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo (Post 48529)
Bring it up here in the mountains and see what happens.:rolleyes:

No disrespect taken! I'm very aware of the newer 1500/150 trucks and their car-like ratios. I believe I went on a rant with you a few months ago about the 3.73s. Have you looked at the 2014 GM pickups? Its an even lower ratio yet again. 3.08, 3.23 and 3.42 are the options! I think they are making up for it in the tranny. (Dodge Ram has an 8 speed out this year). Its all about making that MPG higher. My next vehicle will be diesel, period.

As for Colorado's remark- the elevation sucks the life out of these gas motors. Wolf Creek pass was amazing at a blistering 25 mph!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

vman 08-28-2013 05:02 PM

Please excuse my ignorance. I read it wrong. The correct pulling capcity is 7300 pds. I am sorry for my blatant stupidity.

Motoxxx43 08-28-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vman (Post 48531)
Please excuse my ignorance. I read it wrong. The correct pulling capcity is 7300 pds. I am sorry for my blainten stupidity.

No worries. I honestly didn't know what they were. I thought 11k was pretty high but what the heck do I know!?
I get the comment " the tail wagging the dog" with my setup. Usually at a gas station by a guy pulling a huge toy hauler or the International 4 door pulling a huge Fountain on a 3 axle... The set up every working class guy can afford! (Sarcasm)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/29/zujana6a.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4