The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Gelcoat Colors Needed (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8630-gelcoat-colors-needed.html)

TomFasig 08-07-2013 03:32 PM

Gelcoat Colors Needed

I am still in the process of re-furbishing a 1996 Mariah Talari 201. I was wondering if there is anyone in the club that would have the infomation on the base color and the trim color of my boat if I were to provide the HIN? I contacted Minicraft and they said that they needed the gelcoat number, in order to match it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom

ShabahZ280 08-07-2013 03:46 PM

Re: Gelcoat Colors Needed

Send me a PM with your hull ID and I'll get the gelcoat color name for you from the factory build sheets.

luke7575 08-07-2013 04:50 PM

Its almost impossible to do what ur asking to get the color of the id plate, best thing to do is take it to a pro and get him to teach u how too mix, or have him do it.

Everything changes its not like car paint, the lake water sun sand and everything else u find in water fades the coat and changes it.

I had a a part of my coat fixed about 1 foot 2 scratches cost me 300 bucks and was marched perfect without ever going thru the factory to get the color

ShabahZ280 08-08-2013 02:32 AM

Luke7575, It's not impossible to get the info off the Hull ID, as I have paper copies of the factory build sheets from Hull #1 up to Hull #21864, (with the exception of the #'s 18000-19000). The primary and secondary gelcoats are clearly indicated. I had repair done to mine through a sea ray dealer, I gave them the color name from the build sheet, and they ordered it from MiniCraft, and it was an exact match, you couldn't even tell where it had been repaired. However, it was below the waterline, so perhaps it wasn't as exposed to the elements as yours was.

Tom, According to your HIN, the Primary hull gelcoat is "Ivory", and the secondary color is "Polo". Looking at MiniCraft's site, these are the numbers you'll need.

1993-1999 DT634 IVORY/ MARIAH
1994-2001 GT748 POLO GREEN/ MARIAH
GT636 POLO GREEN/ MARIAH BOATS

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it would be the GT636, as it's a lower number, which most likely signifies an earlier model, although you may want to check and see if they have samples, or could provide you with more info to match the Polo.

luke7575 08-08-2013 03:02 AM

Wow i did that a long time ago and was never matched right, im glad it worked out for u and hope it works out for TomFasig as well, i just wanted to put my 2 sense in thats all.

TomFasig 08-08-2013 11:00 AM

Chris,
Thank you very much for the info. That will help me a lot. Does the build sheet give any info on the upholstery colors of my boat? That will be my winter project. to completely redo the upholstery. This site has been so helpful. I am amazed at how this boat is turning out. I never thought that it would come back to life, like it is. Again, thanks for everything. Tom

ShabahZ280 08-08-2013 02:33 PM

Those colors are the same for both gelcoat and upholstery. Mariah had the vinyl material custom color matched to their gelcoats. They used Nautolex Prefixx vinyl. Nautolex is now owned by a company called Omnova, you can probably google them and give them a call to get more info.

TomFasig 08-08-2013 03:06 PM

Thanks Chris. I really appreciate all the info.

tallmanfj 08-17-2013 06:50 PM

I have a 1998 Mariah 214 Jubilee that I am trying to figure out what color the gel coat is so I can order some for repairs. My boat HIN# MAB.......98.

Thanks!

ColoradoDiablo 08-17-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallmanfj (Post 48154)
I have a 1998 Mariah 214 Jubilee that I am trying to figure out what color the gel coat is so I can order some for repairs. My boat HIN# MAB.......98.

Thanks!

I hid your HIN. Not a good practice to advertise it openly.:shakehead:
Shoot "ShabahZ280" your HIN in a PM and he will be more than happy to give you the breakdown on your Mariahs' build.:wink_thumbup: