The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   My Mariah stolen (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8548-my-mariah-stolen.html)

vman 07-23-2013 06:59 AM

My Mariah stolen

I went down last week to get my boat out of storage to find out that the storage facility mistakenly sold my boat. Talking pissed off. They say they were doing an abandonment sale and went to my states D.O.R to get an abandonment title an held an auction and sold the boat. Problem is we were not notified and the boat has a lien on it because I owe 1 last payment. The bank says they had no idea and they still have the lien, the state has no idea what happened and now someone else has my dam boat. Contacted my lawyer and said not to worry that if I had to I can sue 3 different entities involved. Starting with the guy that bought it in hopes he would realize he is possession now of a stolen boat. The trailer is still in our name but the boat title is in the new buyers name. After contacting my ststes DOR and spending almoust an hr and a half on the phone they realized they issued a title with a lien on it without contacting the lien holder. 1st mistake, 2ndly no one was contacted, us, the bank or anyone. So it looks like the buyer is going to have to sue the storage facility for his money back, and I am going to sue them for wrongfull sale. Will let you know on how the saga turns out.

mikeyt 07-23-2013 12:55 PM

re: My Mariah stolen

Really sorry to hear what you are going thru. It's not exactly a 'stolen' boat (which implies the intent) and i believe the correct term for it is 'conversion' (taking over of property that belongs to another). While it may cost you some legal fees and a bit of time to get your boat returned, it should be a reasonably straight forward process in the courts. And....of course your lawyer will say you can sue! They have to pay for their Ferraris somehow. :)

raulston88 07-23-2013 01:07 PM

Sorry to hear about this. It does sound like there is a good chance you'll get it back, just have to wade through some red tape and bureaucracy to get there. Best of luck, and keep us posted...

blockp 07-23-2013 02:21 PM

So, if I can ask... Why were they doing an abandonment sale? Did you forget to pay the storage fees, or did they clean out the wrong unit?

vman 07-23-2013 02:33 PM

Re: My Mariah stolen

They sold the wrong boat.

blockp 07-23-2013 02:36 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything works out for you and you get it back in one piece.

vman 07-23-2013 02:36 PM

You can bet your ass that it will never be left at the lake again once I get it back.

ShabahZ280 07-23-2013 02:44 PM

Yikes... Keep us updated...

You could consider publishing your story on the storage company's social media, if they have a facebook/twitter page. You'd be surprised how quickly your message spreads, and usually when the business's online reputation is at risk, they're willing to try and rectify the situation quickly and quietly. Just a thought...

luke7575 07-23-2013 06:04 PM

I would sue them so bad, that at the end id be the one owning that Storage Facility. lol

mikeyt 07-23-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke7575 (Post 47233)
I would sue them so bad, that at the end id be the one owning that Storage Facility. lol

uh huh. :rolleyes: