The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   June 1st--boat still on trailer! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8197-june-1st-boat-still-trailer.html)

Threejakes 06-01-2013 05:09 PM

June 1st--boat still on trailer!

For Pete's Sake--when will this weather co-operate. Either it's raining, or so cold that you don't want to go out. Memorial Day weekend--rain for 3 days. Last week--Tornado warnings! I just want to take our boat for a ride on our lake!!

Dozer 06-01-2013 06:32 PM

June 1st--boat still on trailer!

Me too!!! Same issues.

Brad97 06-02-2013 11:43 AM

Re: June 1st--boat still on trailer!

Live in western Iowa same issues and the Missouri river was to low to put docks in
spring storms now to much debris and current, might just have to throw it on the trailer and head to a local lake if it quits raining.

SEMIJim 06-02-2013 02:00 PM

Same thing here in S.E. Michigan. We live in an area with lots of small lakes, and just an hour from a very large lake that's part of the Great Lakes system. When we were out and about yesterday, remarked that there were no boats on the small lakes we passed, even though it was quite warm. But storms were predicted and I bet the water's not all that warm, yet. The boaters on the nearby big lake are getting out--some of them. But those are the real die-hard types. You know the type: Splash as soon as the ice is thin enough.

We don't have our sailboat any more (just sold her) :( and tend not to take the Barchetta out until the water's at swimming temps. So we haven't been on the water, yet, either.

Jim

nglauer 06-06-2013 04:28 AM

I live in South East Ohio, just outside of Marietta Ohio (last exit on I-77 south before crossing into WV). Anyways, the Ohio River has been very busy the last few weekends. I wanted to take our boat out for memorial day weekend, but I ended up hurting my back - plus I sold our camper and threw the battery off our boat onto the camper for the buyer (because the Interstate Battery on the camper crapped itself just outside the warranty period.. days before it sold.. cause that's my luck lol).

I was going to get a new battery but ironically the Advance Auto, Napa, and local Autozone were all cleared out of their stock (thanks to all the seasonal boaters that came down to their river lots for the weekend and realized they needed batteries lol).

So.... I have yet to get our boat fired up and reclaim the RV Antifreeze from it. Hopefully I get my back figured out and a battery purchased soon - Oh.. and I should probably buy license for the trailer too lol.

arent we sarcastic 06-07-2013 10:04 PM

June 7 here in Southern Ontario and it's only in the mid 50's
Boat is still on the trailer and the motorcycle is still in the garage.
Haven't had any seat time in either.... not a good start to the year