The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Open Bimini (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8191-open-bimini.html)

ColoradoDiablo 06-02-2013 06:10 PM

Re: Open Bimini

You stated in your thread you were reluctant to spend too much more money on the boat. That is why I suggested what I did.

nglauer 06-02-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy b (Post 44696)
sorry jim I should have worded it better.
I ment to put it up behind the sports cover as an extension to it.

Andy, is your convertible top/camper canvas all factory Mariah? I'd love to have a set for our boat. It would be really nice if there was a way to turn it into a bimini by zipping on an additional piece etc. I really like the setup that MikeyT has on his boat. If I ever get one built.. I may end up with something similar.

Andy b 06-02-2013 09:27 PM

yes my canvas pack is stock, came with the boat from the factory.

SinfulDragon 06-03-2013 08:24 PM

I have one of these stored in my engine compartment... I really need to pull it out, clean it up and see how it even attaches to the boat LOL!

Dozer 06-03-2013 09:42 PM

Open Bimini

Check boatcoversdirect.com. They seem to have some really good prices.

SinfulDragon 06-04-2013 12:45 PM

well either I or this product is 8 kinds of retarded. and I'm certainly not saying that it ISN'T me. All I succeeded in doing is learning my buttons on the windshield don't move, hit my head several times and put a little scratch in my side window trying to take it off before just setting it next to the trash cans.
I just don't understand why anyone would want the top level with the windshield and snapped fully to the thing to boot. Maybe I need more to drink next time... and a hammer. That should help it fit.

Dozer 06-04-2013 01:09 PM

Open Bimini

Keeps the wind and rain out when it's cold. That's the convertible top. It also had other zip in panels to make a camper top available from the factory. A Bimini can be made to mount to the same fittings and keeps the sun off of you on nice days.

SinfulDragon 06-04-2013 01:17 PM

I understand all of that, but mine is the exact height of the windshield. Mine doesn't allow you to stand under it like all the pictures that I see, it snaps to the front windshield, two straps in the back to secure it and a zipper part to add more to the back? and a zipper in the front center to unhook the middle section of the windshield to walk to the front?
I'll have to go at it again and see if I can get a picture to put this into perspective.

ColoradoDiablo 06-04-2013 02:08 PM

That is the same as my Diablos' cover Sin.
I look at it as a glorified mooring cover with windows.:yes_grin: And yes mine is a total PITA to install unless it's about 90 deg outside.

SEMIJim 06-04-2013 05:38 PM

sinfulDragon,

Sounds the same as our Barchetta's convertable top. I'm tall. I usually look over the top edge of the windscreen when at the helm. So, as one might imagine, that convertable cover is not something I'd normally have in place. Only time I'd use it is if we got caught in the rain.

I'd like to get the rest of the canvas, to hook to that, for the full camper top.

And a bimini, too, of course :)

Jim