The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   New mariah owner with a few ??? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8100-new-mariah-owner-few.html)

bossmustng429 05-16-2013 10:42 PM

New mariah owner with a few ???

Hey all, I just picked up a 98 shabah 202 with a 4.3l and alpha one and 330 hours. I got it for 2500 but the upholstery is shot..have a couple electrical demons (need to upgrade to view diagrams?) The engine runs great out of the water but when its in the water it backfires and has little acceleration..any ideas?(boat has sat for awhile) Also the trim reservoir is filled with a milky looking substance..assume water is somehow getting in? I know I need risers/manifolds because they are still the one piece..any suggestions on what/where to buy? Sorry for all the questions and I'm sure I'll have more..but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

rajjneef 05-16-2013 10:48 PM

Re: New mariah owner with a few ???

The first thing I would do is get all that old gas out of it. Dont just put new gas on top of it... Try to get as much as you can out and then put fresh gas in it.

bossmustng429 05-16-2013 10:52 PM

Will do...planed on getting an external small tank and putting fresh gas in it and running it off that...if I can't get the tank what is the easiest/safest way to get it out of the original tank? Gauge shows about half

Dozer 05-17-2013 01:05 AM

New mariah owner with a few ???

When you tip the back seat forward the cover on the floor in front of the engine is access to the fuel tank. You can pull the sending unit up and siphon the gas out from there. Or try to siphon from the filler but you'll need a decent sized hose.

ColoradoDiablo 05-17-2013 01:52 AM

Welcome boss :)
I'd get that drive vacuum/pressure tested ASAP. Water and gears don't get along for long.
Here is a link to the benefits of being a paid member.

Manifolds are around 500-700 depending on where you get them.
I bought aluminum manifolds from this guy.

Exhaust Manifolds

bossmustng429 05-17-2013 02:11 AM

What all do you need for the 1 piece to 2 piece conversion? The thing I'm not sure of is the riser/elbow height and I gather you need another elbow for the conversion?

How do you vacuum/pressure test the drive? could water be getting in at the lines going to the trim cylinders? They have a brownish/rust looking stain on them

Tomorrow I'm draining the gas and putting fresh gas in...hopefully I can get one problem out of the way

ColoradoDiablo 05-17-2013 02:51 AM

Dang ,
The conversion kit seems a bit high. This one is the cheapest I found!!

Manifold conversion Kit

bossmustng429 05-17-2013 02:54 AM

Yea thats steep....there is a slightly cheaper one on mercexhaust.com....but not by much