The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Bravo III for Bravo I (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8023-bravo-iii-bravo-i.html)

Motoxxx43 04-30-2013 04:35 PM

Bravo III for Bravo I

Long story short I have a friend with a Bravo III on his 18' Crestliner. He wants to sell the Crestliner and realizes the BIII is a bit over kill for it. He asked me if I would be interested in swapping my Bravo I for his III. I know the value of his is higher than mine, ideally. Keeping in mind I just had my outdrive rebuilt (prop shaft, seals, bearings, etc) and prop worked over by a shop it looks brand new, literally. His Bravo III came off a salvaged boat (auto accident while on trailer) and has very low hours. After doing some poking around Im not coming up with a number I should offer him for the difference. I do know know how the props will do that are on the III though he has two sets. Im only interested in one set that works best.

Id be happy to hear some ideas/numbers from MOC members... Thanks!

The reason I am considering this is I really want some more control at lower speeds. The 250 handles nothing like the SC21 and is proving difficult to maneuver in the marinas when the wind picks up. My bow definitely has a mind of its own, it likes to wander.

ShabahZ280 04-30-2013 04:45 PM

Re: Bravo III for Bravo I

Been there, done that. I know EXACTLY what you mean!!

I say go for it. The B3 is amazing for maneuvering. Before you make the deal, I'd get the B3 thoroughly checked out by a Mercruiser mechanic first though, just to make sure everything is in good shape.

Motoxxx43 04-30-2013 05:11 PM

I plan on it. What do you think for a price? My drive plus 500$?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Oregondunes 04-30-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoxxx43 (Post 43530)
I plan on it. What do you think for a price? My drive plus 500$?

i think that would be a fair trade deal.

what gear ratio is his ?

what props does he have ?

I have not done it, but it's my understanding you only need the swap the lower units, all bravo uppers are the same (just some more beafy'er then others.....i.e. B2, XR, etc.)

Motoxxx43 04-30-2013 05:54 PM

Ratio an props I'm not sure of yet. We will hook them up one day an go for a spin. I can experiment with the props then. As it is I'm running the 1.5 with a 19p an it runs pretty good.
As far as I know the Bravos are interchangeable like you say.

Motoxxx43 05-01-2013 04:47 PM

I looked around on some forms and have not really read anything that gave me an answer but about the drive ratio... My current bravo1 is a 1.5. Is it safe to assume that a bravo 3 with a 1.5 should be the same or does it change the whole set up?

I suppose the ultimate way to find out is to actually test the drive with the two different sets of props

Oregondunes 05-01-2013 04:48 PM

I read somewhere years ago that the 2 to 1 ratio was the one that you wanted to use if you're doing the conversion