The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   2001 182 Shabah Good deal? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/7292-2001-182-shabah-good-deal.html)

air11112 08-09-2012 11:04 PM

2001 182 Shabah Good deal?

Hello all. I've ran across a 2001 Shabah 182 for sale. It hasn't been posted anywhere but a guy at work is selling it. It appears to be in great condition from what he's shown me from photos at work. It has a Monster wake tower, but that's about it for extras. Its got the Merc 4.3, but was rebuilt about 4 years ago. He's asking 7 but think I could get him to come off a little, but not a whole lot . I was just wanting to run this price by a few of you to see if this sounds halfway reasonable. I've been boat shopping all summer now, but really only started considering Mariahs after I saw his. I was looking for a Bryant originally.
Thanks for any insight you can give!

Dredd 08-10-2012 02:56 PM

Re: 2001 182 Shabah Good deal?

Given the information and assuming it has a trailer, it sounds very reasonable to me. Anyone here will suggest you take a look at the Mariah in person so you can appreciate the build quality.

air11112 08-10-2012 03:36 PM

Thanks for the info. It does also have a trailer. I just wanted to confirm with another Mariah owner. I'm planning to go check it out in the coming days. Thanks again!

phillycincykid 08-12-2012 02:49 AM

sounds good but why was a 4.3 rebuilt after 4 years ago? assuming the boat was only 7 years old @ that point . i would ask about that. those engines are tough to kill so something bad had to happen. they are nice boats thou !

air11112 08-13-2012 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I picked this boat up over the weekend. Took it out yesterday and had a great time.

Now I'm just wanting to add a swim platform and a bimini top. I haven't researched which top I will be able to get that'll fit with the Monster tower on it, but I'm sure this may be difficult. I do not want to go with the one Monster sells because it's too high to give good shade from what I've seen. Hopefully I can just find one to fit or modify one.

The owner failed to winterize it properly and that's the reason for the rebuild in 09. That was the only thing that concerned me, but I have the receipts from a respected dealer who did the work, with a new block and new internals also. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, but this boat stuff is a new realm for me, so I may take it to a local mechanic to just go through everything and check it out. Everything seemed to work great and performed well when I had it out yesterday, so I am pleased so far.

phillycincykid 08-13-2012 10:59 PM

oh you gotta love a happy ending!