The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Looking at a 94 Shabah Z212...worth it? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6702-looking-94-shabah-z212-worth.html)

esperi 04-22-2012 03:18 AM

Looking at a 94 Shabah Z212...worth it?

I went to look at a 1994 Z212 Shabah today. Black/white colors. It has the 5.7 with Bravo III, capt. choice. The boat has 262 hrs and was always stored indoors and out of the water by both owners (original canvas is perfect/unused. Hull is perfect- not a scratch. All electronics work. Motor is near spotless. Freshwater only. Marina serviced every year. Tralier is like new with surge brakes and new tires

It does not have the bimini (I'd rather have a convertible top). Stitching is all good- only a few 1 inch (max) tear spots.

Outdrive was just serviced with gimbal.

I was not able to take a ride in it today due to weather. I am interested...but I'm doing my homework, so to speak, before I come back with money and take a ride.

This would be my 2nd boat- I have a 1982 Starcraft 181SS aluminum with rare I/O (only 220 hrs). Looking to upgrade size/power.

Questions:

1. What is this boat worth?
2. What are its gremlins?
3. What is the draft?
4. How will it handle?
5. What should I be looking/listening for if I take 2nd look?

Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Eric

Zackattack 04-22-2012 04:51 PM

Re: Looking at a 94 Shabah Z212...worth it?

1. What is this boat worth?

Well, pretty hard to say, depends on your area market a lot. I bought essentially the same boat in the off season for 6K, but the guy couldn't find a buyer and I had easy cash. I lucked out big time, I think its easily worth 9.

2. What are its gremlins?

None:shakehead:

3. What is the draft?

13" drive up, 29" drive down

4. How will it handle?

Amazingly comfortable, its a stable, smooth, great ride.

5. What should I be looking/listening for if I take 2nd look?

Just the usual boat related concerns, but most you have already addressed with the maintinance being well done. Now you should just go get it, I love mine. This is our fifth boat and I am impressed every time I take her out.:wink_thumbup:

esperi 04-22-2012 06:18 PM

He's asking $9000, but would take $8000. He already scoffed at 2 offers of $7500. Thanks for your feedback- I was hoping to hear from an actual owner.

I do have one more question... it has a 26p BravoIII. I'm reading that you guys are mainly running 21 and 22. Will this be a problem for the boat?

Zackattack 04-22-2012 07:11 PM

It's something you will need to investigate. See what she performs like and what the wide open throttle rpms and speed is and that will tell you a lot. Mine has an alpha 1 outdrive and I run a 21 laser 2 ss. But that answer will be boat and user specific. Easy to change a prop, not so easy to find an awesome boat at a great price like that. You will not regret it!

esperi 04-22-2012 07:21 PM

Thanks zackattack. I will be excited to go back and test her out with money in my pocket. He is holding it for me until it is out of storage for $8000. Here is the listing:

Z212 Mariah

I'll let you know how it works out

Zins 04-23-2012 02:03 AM

That boat really has a lot of options for the money, 8k is a good price with the captains call and bravo III. It cost quite a bit to reprop these units, I'd run it for a while and then if it falls short of power when you want it, look in to it then. Records and maintance are a boats best friend, so if you can get a good feel for that (and a solid floor) I think you have a great deal. Good Luck!

esperi 04-23-2012 02:24 AM

ZINS, What prop are you running?

ZINS and zackattack, What is your speed (GPS) and RPM?

I should be between 4600-4900 WOT, correct? What speed should I expect from a carbed 350 on this boat? He claims 60+ I'm def bringing my Garmin.

Thanks again, guys!

Zins 04-23-2012 02:43 AM

For what I can tell, they are the factory SS 26 pitch set. I'd say your close on the RPM top end for MPH. Mine shows 60 as well, but would GPS in the mid 50's I'd guess. The speedos are a little generous in these boats.

esperi 05-09-2012 02:42 AM

Got my new shabah z!!!

Got The Boat! The test was amazing- i went from a 120 to the 350. GPS Said 58mph @4700rpm- small chop with 4 adults and a full tank. The Bravo III alone is only 10hrs old, he purchased fall 2010 for $9800!!! Amazingly solid boat- tons of room and just plain sexy!

I'm just Giddy!!! Pictures soon- Weather was too bad to take out when I got it home...and its at our cottage. I can hear it just whimpering for me like a new puppy :shakehead:

Thanks for your feedback and advice,

Eric

Zackattack 05-09-2012 04:19 AM

Congratulations, I am sure you will be very happy. It sounds like you got a great new boat, wasn't the ride smooth and awesome?

When I got mine, I couldn't run her more than once in the first 6 months, it was torture.

I can't wait to see some photos, what color is she?(sorry, now I see from first post, black and white)

Sorry I didn't respond to the speed question, last summer I wasn't as good as I should have been about checking and so didn't want to chime in without gps quality reports.

I think your speed and rpm sounds like a great match and the right prop selection. Sounds like previous owner has done it right and now you can benefit from work well done.