The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   HELP!!! Under dash circuit board 96 Z272 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6627-help-under-dash-circuit-board-96-z272.html)

mikelawson 04-02-2012 11:42 PM

HELP!!! Under dash circuit board 96 Z272

1 Attachment(s)
I have been scouring this forum and the web for a replacement or someone to repair mine. I lost my NAV and dash lights while working under the dash and have narrowed it down to this circuit board. If anyone has access to a parts boat or know someone who can diagnose and repair printed circuit boards, please let me know. I've tried contacting rjobe as he's helped me before, but I haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

mikeyt 04-03-2012 12:48 AM

Re: HELP!!! Under dash circuit board 96 Z272

Hopefully someone else here knows a bit about them. Randy Jobe was our guru in this area but he hasn't been heard from in quite a while now...

DFZ272 04-03-2012 02:29 PM

Strange problem. I am not sure what the board controls. I will look at my boat and do a little research. I will post back in a day or so
Happy Boating
Dan

DCB_MINDED 04-03-2012 02:55 PM

I remember reading on here (I think from ShabahZ250) that if you flip the light switch up, and then back down quickly that it activated the SOS sequence on the lights. That might be what it controls... But this is only a guess. If thats the case, you should be able to wire it up without the board and at least get your lights working again.

DFZ272 04-03-2012 07:43 PM

From what I could find out, the printed circuit board should not stops your nav lights from working, the board mainly controls the trip computer, outside temp, water temp display. Nav light power runs from the circuit breakers, to the a multi pin connector on the switch assembly, to the lights. The circuit board is tapped into the wire running to the nav lights, but "downstream" of the lights, meaning the board should not cause the nav lights to not work, unless the board is causing a circuit breaker to trip. The manuals section has the complete wiring harness for your boat and most others, so u may want to think about that. Like I said the circuit board is mostly for the old primitive nav system and should not directly cause your light to not work. Hope this helps
Happy Boating
Dan

cp55 05-13-2012 08:11 PM

Im certainly no guru on this but my brother in law is and he just helped me work on mine. I have mine out right now and am working on getting the relay (big Box in the middle) for mine. The nav and stern light on my z220 run off the knob to the left of the steering wheel and mine went off when I unplugged the large pin style connector on this circuit board. Maybe you have a loose connection in this plug in or need to clean it with a brush etc and dielytric grease when done. Hope this helps.