The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Re: Gauge question (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6357-re-gauge-question.html)

Mike Cook 12-07-2011 12:24 AM

Re: Gauge question

Does anyone know how to change the gages on 1997 z210 oil and trim?

mikeyt 12-07-2011 02:12 AM

Swapping out the gauges is really a simple operation. I'm not sure where your access point is to the back of your gauge cluster (could be thru the bow seat back or from underneath the console) though but its really nothing more than removing the 1 or 2 mounting nuts & disconnecting the electrical connections, popping out the gauge & popping in a new one. Just make sure you remember (better still take a digital photo) of the connections so that you dont mix up the wires. The gauges are available on ebay or by our friends at Great Lakes Skipper. Btw...if you go to the Great Lakes Skipper site have a look at their selection of Faria gauges.

That said, are you sure the gauges are faulty? With either of them it can be nothing more than a bit of corrosion at one of the connections or simply a loose connection. In the case of the trim gauge, it could be a faulty trim sensor on the outdrive. If you have to replace the sensor, that work involves removing the outdrive so that's best left until you have another reason to go to all that work. You can also attempt to adjust the trim sensor using these instructions.

Mike Cook 12-07-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 33525)
Swapping out the gauges is really a simple operation. I'm not sure where your access point is to the back of your gauge cluster (could be thru the bow seat back or from underneath the console) though but its really nothing more than removing the 2 or 3 mounting nuts & disconnecting the electrical connections, popping out the gauge & popping in a new one. Just make sure you remember (better still take a digital photo) of the connections so that you dont mix up the wires. The gauges are available on ebay or by our friends at Great Lakes Skipper. Btw...if you go to the Great Lakes Skipper site have a look at their selection of Faria gauges.

That said, are you sure the gauges are faulty? With either of them it can be nothing more than a bit of corrosion at one of the connections or simply a loose connection. In the case of the trim gauge, it could be a faulty trim sensor on the outdrive. If you have to replace the sensor, that work involves removing the outdrive so that's best left until you have another reason to go to all that work. You can also attempt to adjust the trim sensor using these instructions.

My is a cuddy its has a opening to look though the back, but it don't go all the way up to the gauges. I look again may i miss it . Thanks again and I still like that top. If are ever in Florida look me up in Jacksonville area 80 degrees yesterday

DCB_MINDED 12-11-2011 05:28 PM

I've got a 238 Shabah, and there is a piece where the ceiling meets the wall that is about 8 inches wide.... it comes off and you can get to the gauges through that hole. Dunno if yours is set up the same way, but it's worth a shot.

Mike Cook 12-12-2011 05:58 PM

Thanks I finally got the screwdriver out and the hole gauge board just snaps in and out. Thanks again

mikeyt 12-12-2011 09:55 PM

Just be carefull. If you break one of those snaps you wont likely find another gauge board...