The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Wiring Question for Shabah 180 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/5404-wiring-question-shabah-180-a.html)

newbie 05-01-2011 03:30 PM

Wiring Question for Shabah 180

Hi all,
I have a 1996 Shabah 180, where can I find the wiring diagrams? I see the forum has diagrams for "Z", "MX" and "Diablo" models, but not sure if/how these rel;ate to the shabah 180?

Thanks

Chris

mikeyt 05-01-2011 04:03 PM

Re: Wiring Question for Shabah 180

Did you look under the Mariah Wiring Harness Diagrams? There is a 1996 diagram there.

newbie 05-01-2011 04:17 PM

OK, thanks, so I found the 1996 wiriing diags, but looks like its just the harness, any ideas on wiring diags for the console?

mikeyt 05-03-2011 09:27 PM

I did a little more digging but wasn't able to find a more comprehensive wiring diagram for 1996. Admin (Shabahz250) advised he would look into it also.

newbie 05-03-2011 09:52 PM

That would be great. I did get some basic boat wiring diagrams off the web, was going to use those as a very general guide. Also, on another thread someone mentioned that Mariah tended to stick to a common wiring color scheme across models so the diagrams from the other models may help.

Someone else was good enough to post a fuse box layout that seems to match what I have in the 180, see below.

I'll be out there tonight, sop I'll start documenting what I find.

Thanks

Chris

Fuse Box Layout, for Shabh 180??? We'll see!

Many Thanks to whoever posted this!

Top row, left-to-right

Docking Lights (unused): 15A
Nav and Anch Lights: 5A
Blower: 10A
Bilge: 5A
Courtesy Lights: 5A
Horn, Stereo, Acc. Plugs: 10A

Bottom Row, left-to-right

Unknown: 10A

Main (in-line on battery): 35A

Tilt (in-line on tilt motor): 20A

3 x 5A, 3 x 10A, 1 x 15A, 1 x 20A, 1 x 35A

mikeyt 05-04-2011 01:41 AM

yes, Mariah was consistent with their wiring throughout the original years and nearly all of it was labeled at the point of use (dock lights, speaker leads etc).

MariahMan 05-04-2011 04:42 AM

Chris - Let us know what you find out on that fuse box layout. It would be great to create a schematic for this and update it with the appropriate models and years that it applies to for our records. Where did you find that list of the layout by the way? Was that posted somewhere on the MOC?

Good luck and keep us informed.

newbie 05-05-2011 05:06 PM

OK, making progress, pulled all the wiring out from under the dash, it's a right mess!
Someone's being doing some real "mickey mouse" work under here, nice use of "quick-splice" and (my personal favourite) "twist-&-tape" connections.

So, dumb question for the day, what is the technical term for the white connectors used on the harness, and how are the pins numbered? I see them in 9, 12 and 15 pin flavors.

Also, someone "fixed" the bilge-pump rocker switch with what looks like chewing-gum. I think these are called "Carling Contura", and are available from auto parts stores, can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Chris

mikeyt 05-05-2011 05:32 PM

If i remember right the technical name for them is a Molex connector. I think that they are numbered down one side then down the other rather than alternating. I believe though that if you simply ask for 3,5,7,9,12,15 pin connectors the vendors will know what you are talking about.

The "Search" function is your best friend for quick answers on this site. Have a look at our Mariah Parts list thread & you should find 2 entries for switches because there were a couple of different types used.

newbie 05-11-2011 07:19 PM

So I have most of the dash cabling documented, just need to convert my notes to something readable, and she actually starts up now which is nice.

I now have a question on the QucikSilver 3000 controller.
On the Controller Base I have the kill switch and trailer switch.
On the Handle top I have the trim switch (up/down) and the nuetral/clutch lever/switch.
On the handle base there seems to be one more switch, a push button, right at the handl base near the point of rotation.

Any ideas what this is for?

Thanks

Chris