The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Wakeboard and Kneeboard storage (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/5176-wakeboard-kneeboard-storage.html)

scubydo 02-16-2011 03:07 AM

Wakeboard and Kneeboard storage

I don't want to put a tower on my boat just to hold the Kneeboards, and Wakeboards, anybody know of a rack that will mount on the boat somewhere so I can declutter the inside of the boat.

scubydo 02-16-2011 03:14 AM

Re: Wakeboard and Kneeboard storage

I found this, but wanted something proven
Wakeboarder :: Installing a wakeboard rack without a tower on a Bayliner 17

Oregondunes 02-16-2011 04:50 AM

what a great install...step by step and looks good

indykoch 02-17-2011 10:57 PM

I don't know, I think the board(s) would get in the driver's line of sight mounted that low. Any higher, and the bimini frame wouldn't be able to support that weight.

Do you have the "sport" seating (full rear bench)? I'd look for a way under there, if so. Not much else of a choice. I've fit a wakeboard in my ski storage fairly easy, but I'm assuming your's is smaller?

scubydo 02-18-2011 03:52 PM

My boat has the back to back seating, with the little ski storage locker, sounds like it's buy another Mariah with the bigger ski storage locker, or add a tower.

Zackattack 02-18-2011 04:04 PM

I agree, I think thats a great install, but I would hate the location. Every boat and layout is unique, although I think this is a great idea to see how it might look back at the transom area somewhere very low.

I am not saying I would do it, in fact theres absolutely no way. I think if my friends require that many boards(more than 1) I will just have to add a friend to the group with a wakeboard boat. Or I could hook em up and drag them around like trout on a stringer line.

Slash9point5 02-18-2011 07:11 PM

Here is something I found while I was searching for a wakeboard tower for my boat. I actually when with a different wakeboard tower company (Aerial), but this is the only rack I have seen in my search that does not require a tower.

Racks - Big Air Wake Towers

If I had decided I was not going to get a tower, I would have given this option serious consideration. It is $199 + $15 S&H.

Thank you and have a great day,

Kris

Dredd 02-21-2011 02:56 PM

FWIW, I have a Fly High Pylon Rack that I'm looking to sell if you think it will help your project any.

scubydo 02-25-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slash9point5 (Post 27471)
Here is something I found while I was searching for a wakeboard tower for my boat. I actually when with a different wakeboard tower company (Aerial), but this is the only rack I have seen in my search that does not require a tower.

Racks - Big Air Wake Towers

If I had decided I was not going to get a tower, I would have given this option serious consideration. It is $199 + $15 S&H.

Thank you and have a great day,

Kris

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. Now I just have to decide if I can drill 2 holes in my Mariah.