The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Well I bought the Purple Shabah (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4914-well-i-bought-purple-shabah.html)

Purple_Shabah 09-27-2010 01:55 AM

Well I bought the Purple Shabah

Picked it up today and went all afternoon in the local lakes, Madison Wis. Got a bit cool out but way fun never the less:wink_thumbup: The Boat ran GREAT and was a very smooth ride...It went 55mph on a smooth lake with 1/2 a tank of gas and three people, that's fast enough for me:eek_animated:

Couldn't be happier with it, my wife said it was like sitting in our living room with the great seats and sound system.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pix of it. Of course it IS purple:rolleyes:

PS

mikeyt 09-27-2010 03:15 AM

Re: Well I bought the Purple Shabah

Congrats!..... now its almost time to winterize it. :(

Purple_Shabah 09-27-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 26035)
Congrats!..... now its almost time to winterize it. :(

Ha ha, ya that's true but we do hang in there pretty well, we've boated with coats on:yes_grin:

I'll have to do a little research on winterizing it tho, I've had an outboard up until now.

95gts 09-27-2010 02:19 PM

Congrats on the purchase!

Yeah, we'll be boating with coats on too.. Hopefully another trip or two before winterizing. :D

Dredd 09-27-2010 03:57 PM

Congrats. I've always said, "Real boaters wear coats." :D We actually slept on ours this weekend... bit chilly... but we had fun as always.

Purple_Shabah 09-28-2010 12:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's some pix of the new boat.

Purple_Shabah 09-28-2010 12:20 AM

I tried to download more pictures, but I got "Attachment download failed." Dunno.

Dredd 09-28-2010 12:52 PM

I think you can only attach 3 per post, that might have been the issue. That interior looks great. Congrats again.

simpleaz 09-28-2010 10:16 PM

NIce. Hardly can tell its Purple (smile)

Purple_Shabah 09-28-2010 11:29 PM

I tried again today with the same results. They REALLY don't want pictures of my purple boat on here!!! :rolling_laugh:

Purple_Shabah 09-29-2010 12:16 AM

I even tried to start a new thread so I could put on exterior photos. No luck. This board REALLY doesn't want to see pictures of my purple boat!!!:shakehead:

ShabahZ280 09-29-2010 12:13 PM

Hey Everyone, Purple_Shabah emailed me his photos and I uploaded them to the Gallery. Here's the link to Purple_Shabah's section in the gallery!

Purple_Shabah's 2000 182 Shabah

skiater 09-29-2010 07:29 PM

Nice looking boat.
I checked the 2000 Catalogue, it lists 'Plum' as an accent colour.
Must be the accent colour on your boat.
I thought the 'Plum' would have been a deeper shade.
Very unique, must be a real standout on the lake.

Skiater.

Purple_Shabah 09-29-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiater (Post 26088)
Nice looking boat.
I checked the 2000 Catalogue, it lists 'Plum' as an accent colour.
Must be the accent colour on your boat.
I thought the 'Plum' would have been a deeper shade.
Very unique, must be a real standout on the lake.

Skiater.

Thanks for posting Chris, looks great.

Plum huh? Looks Purple to me:D Yes we really like it, seems like a high quality boat and pulls better than I thought with my old 4-Runner.

Yes, I think everyone will get to know us on the area lakes and rivers, I've never seen another "Plum" boat in the area. My friends have been picking on me saying those are Vikings colors. I tell them the Green and gold Packer colored Mariahs were four times as much and I went with a cheap one:rolling_laugh: seems to work!

Kevin

Oh BTW, where do I find the 2000 Mariah cataloge?

indykoch 09-29-2010 08:44 PM

The catalog is in the contributing members section.

Congrats on the "new" boat! Looks fantastic!

jgreen 09-30-2010 01:18 AM

Nice boat! Maybe we'll see ya out on the WS river next season. We're in the Dells.

simpleaz 09-30-2010 05:25 AM

I like the plum. Have fun and glad the 4Runner is pulling it fine.

http://www.mariahownersclub.com/gallery/file.php?n=3885

Purple_Shabah 09-30-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgreen (Post 26096)
Nice boat! Maybe we'll see ya out on the WS river next season. We're in the Dells.

Cool!! we'll be the guys in the "Plum" colored boat:yes_grin:

We've boated the Dells, sometimes in Lake Delton (At least when theres water in it) and the upper Dells trying to avoid the big jet boats and the huge wake they make...still it's way fun. Also been on Lake Wisconsin.

Next summer we need a Wisconsin Mariah boat owners get together:wink_thumbup:

Purple_Shabah 09-30-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleaz (Post 26099)
I like the plum. Have fun and glad the 4Runner is pulling it fine.

http://www.mariahownersclub.com/gallery/file.php?n=3885

Thanks, so far so good..We like it too:) It's a 2000 but only has 96 hours on it. WE will put on a LOT more.

jgreen 09-30-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple_Shabah (Post 26101)
Cool!! we'll be the guys in the "Plum" colored boat:yes_grin:

We've boated the Dells, sometimes in Lake Delton (At least when theres water in it) and the upper Dells trying to avoid the big jet boats and the huge wake they make...still it's way fun. Also been on Lake Wisconsin.

Next summer we need a Wisconsin Mariah boat owners get together:wink_thumbup:

Yeah, we're on the upper. The jet boats are a PITA. They're destroying the beaches too. Blackhawk island used to have 10-15' of sand now its barely 2 feet!
Castle Rock Lake or Lake Wisconsin would be good for a Mariah get together. There's a few Mariah owners on the map around us. You did put a pin in didn't you?

Dredd 09-30-2010 07:28 PM

Glad you got some pics up. Looks nice. I'm jealous of that embroidered bow carpet and those bow cupholders.
Ironically, I saw a Crownline with very similar purple accents today. It was unique for sure.

simpleaz 10-01-2010 02:10 AM

How about we help with a name for the boat -

PLUM KRAZY

Purple_Shabah 10-01-2010 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleaz (Post 26114)
How about we help with a name for the boat -

PLUM KRAZY

How about Purple Herman?:rolling_laugh:

jgreen 10-01-2010 02:54 AM

"Plum crazy" ?

jgreen 10-01-2010 02:55 AM

OK< read the posts first. plum crazy already up there. duh.

Purple_Shabah 10-04-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indykoch (Post 26092)
The catalog is in the contributing members section.

Congrats on the "new" boat! Looks fantastic!

I must be dumb:eek_animated: But I don't see the contributing member section?? where do I find it? Thanks.

simpleaz 10-05-2010 12:22 AM

http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/payments.php

then

http://www.mariahownersclub.com/foru...s-supplements/

Purple_Shabah 10-05-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgreen (Post 26104)
Yeah, we're on the upper. The jet boats are a PITA. They're destroying the beaches too. Blackhawk island used to have 10-15' of sand now its barely 2 feet!
Castle Rock Lake or Lake Wisconsin would be good for a Mariah get together. There's a few Mariah owners on the map around us. You did put a pin in didn't you?

Ya, too bad about BH island... it's fun to cruise around and beach the boat there.

Castle rock lake would be fun, never been on that lake but will next year I'm sure. are there any good bars on the lake?

jgreen 10-05-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple_Shabah (Post 26174)
Ya, too bad about BH island... it's fun to cruise around and beach the boat there.

Castle rock lake would be fun, never been on that lake but will next year I'm sure. are there any good bars on the lake?

There's a couple bars with docks. One of them even has live music sometimes. We aways go around to the state park on the north shore to launch. It's 10 bucks but the other public launch at the county park while free is shallow and rocky. Lost a prop there on the old Sea Ray so I never went back.
I hope we can get a few Mariahs out there next year.:wink_thumbup:

Zackattack 02-22-2011 04:20 PM

That is a beautiful ride, but I do not see the purple either. Is the stripes and accent color purple? Or does the hull color have a purple shade to it? Can you post pictures in the gallery instead? I have just been on a quest to find out how many different color hulls Mariah came up with(other than white) and was wondering if yours is one of them.

Never mind, I found them in the gallery and answered the question. Thanks and that is a very nice color combo.

Purple_Shabah 02-22-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zackattack (Post 27500)
That is a beautiful ride, but I do not see the purple either. Is the stripes and accent color purple? Or does the hull color have a purple shade to it? Can you post pictures in the gallery instead? I have just been on a quest to find out how many different color hulls Mariah came up with(other than white) and was wondering if yours is one of them.

Never mind, I found them in the gallery and answered the question. Thanks and that is a very nice color combo.

Ya, I guess the color is called "Plum" and the trailer as you can see is also "Plum"

Ya, we like the boat a lot, very smooth ride, everyone knows it's us on the water with that purple/plum and white color combo.

I should have posted a pix of the boat with it's cover on....That cover is REAL purple...Yikes:eek_animated:

Dredd 07-20-2011 03:07 PM

My cousin is kind of in the market. He found another purple one. I thought it was worth sharing... nice looking boat.
Used 1994 Mariah 210 Close Bow, Marble Falls TX - 99021036 - BoatTrader.com

bbrophy58 07-22-2011 02:29 PM

Hey Purple - what are you running for a prop? I have the same boat and power and do not get anywhere near 55mph. Closer to 47.

Purple_Shabah 07-22-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrophy58 (Post 31285)
Hey Purple - what are you running for a prop? I have the same boat and power and do not get anywhere near 55mph. Closer to 47.

It was the brand new prop that came with it, not really sure what it is?
I've since put on a Solas HR4 stainless steel 4 blade prop, 14.5/19 pitch. I'm going to try it today for the first time. I'm guessing I'll lose a little top speed but gain hole shot and hold plane at a lower speed and a little better MPG? at least that is the idea, we'll see;) I'll report back.

Love your boat by the way:wink_thumbup:

bbrophy58 07-23-2011 12:50 PM

Thanks Purple....I have been searching for faster top end and am anxious to hear how the 4 blade works. I believe hat Mikey T uses one and lies it a lot.

Slamsanders 08-01-2011 11:35 PM

Hey Purple you try out that Solas prop yet? I ordered the same one for my 192 Shabah with 5.0 should be here in a couple days. Want mine mainly for pulling wake boarders. Just wondering what you thought about yours.

Purple_Shabah 08-02-2011 01:25 AM

Sorry been doing a lot of boating and not a lot of time on the computer.

Ya, I've now made about five trips with the Solas HR 4 stainless. I have mixed thoughts about it, It really does pop you out of the water during the holeshot and keeps the bow much lower. it has also greatly improved the steering wander in no wake zones.

I don't think it holds the boat up on plane at a slower speed, which I thought it would, it seems about the same. As for better MPG? I don't know, it seems about the same.

I lost more top end then I thought I would and it tops out at 4200RPM at WOT. With my other prop it would hit almost 5000 and 8 to 10 mph faster.

Think I maybe should have a 17 pitch with the 4.5, but the 19 on a 5.0 should be just about right!! It should be great of wakeboarding.

I do really like the hard rubber hub inside the prop, It takes a little of the shock off the lower unit when you hit something, and I did the first day out with it:shakehead:

I think you'll like it!!

Slamsanders 08-02-2011 02:47 AM

Ok thanks for the update. I'm going from the Solas HR 3 14.5 x 21. I hope the HR 4 in 19 will be just right. I will let you know what I think of it.

Slamsanders 08-04-2011 02:46 PM

Well got the new prop yesterday and all I can say is WOW. It's like a different boat now. Out of the hole and on plane quick. The slow speed wander greatly improved. It is so smooth. And I don't know if I understand why but it handles rough water better too. I did lose top end but don't care about that. Still hit 48 MPH. But my tach is not working right and my be over revving at that speed. Tach only read 3500 and I know that's not right.