The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Rear View Mirrors (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4875-rear-view-mirrors.html)

Shabah 198SE 09-16-2010 01:03 PM

Rear View Mirrors

What do you guys use (if anything) for rear view mirrors?

I find the Mariah bucket seats to be somewhat restricting. Add to that that my old neck doesn't rotate as well as it used to and I am built somewhat like WetWilly.

I thought about mounting a couple of small round motorcycle mirrors on the windshield supports/grab handles, but when researching them, I found out that they did not clamp mount. None of the boat mirrors that I have found turn me on.

My boat does not have a wakeboard tower.

Thanks

Shabah 198SE

jgreen 09-16-2010 05:21 PM

Re: Rear View Mirrors

I got mine at Overton's. It clamps on the frame. You can try here
Overton's > Boating Accessories & Watersports Store : Boat Covers, Wakeboards, Boat Seats, Tubes, PWC, Marine Accessories
There's plenty of other places too.

Shabah 198SE 09-16-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgreen (Post 25853)
I got mine at Overton's. It clamps on the frame. You can try here
Overton's > Boating Accessories & Watersports Store : Boat Covers, Wakeboards, Boat Seats, Tubes, PWC, Marine Accessories
There's plenty of other places too.

jgreen,

Thanks for the information, I'll take a look.

Shabah 198SE

rajjneef 09-16-2010 07:32 PM

Just get a ski mirror from Overtons or the like and clamp it on. Dont rig up some crap on your boat. I hate when I see people rig nice boats like these.

Shabah 198SE 09-17-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajjneef (Post 25856)
Just get a ski mirror from Overtons or the like and clamp it on. Dont rig up some crap on your boat. I hate when I see people rig nice boats like these.

rajjneef,

Thanks for your reply.

The clamp on mirrors look interesting, but they seem quite large to mount on a relatively low Mariah windshield. I'm still weighing my options.

Shabah 198SE

rajjneef 09-17-2010 04:33 PM

I used to keep a ski mirror clamped on an old Wellcraft I owned. It seemed like it was maybe 8"x4" or so. It worked well for its purpose back then. I pulled alot more ski's and tubes back then.

Dredd 09-17-2010 07:42 PM

I used to use the clamp on style but switched to the Cipa suction cup (available at Overton's) this year due to the poor quality clamp I had. I'm much happier with the suction cup. I put it over on the passenger's side so it's out of my way and when not towing I could just pop it off but I found that I like to look back for lake lice and whatnot pretty often so it typically just stays put. The fact that it isn't digging into my windshield frame for dear life is comforting to me.

Shabah 198SE 09-18-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajjneef (Post 25868)
I used to keep a ski mirror clamped on an old Wellcraft I owned. It seemed like it was maybe 8"x4" or so. It worked well for its purpose back then. I pulled alot more ski's and tubes back then.

rajjneef,

Thanks for the information. Did you not find that your forward view was greatly restricted?

Thanks

Shabah 198SE

Shabah 198SE 09-18-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dredd (Post 25869)
I used to use the clamp on style but switched to the Cipa suction cup (available at Overton's) this year due to the poor quality clamp I had. I'm much happier with the suction cup. I put it over on the passenger's side so it's out of my way and when not towing I could just pop it off but I found that I like to look back for lake lice and whatnot pretty often so it typically just stays put. The fact that it isn't digging into my windshield frame for dear life is comforting to me.

Dredd.

Thank you for your reply.

I was looking at those suction cup mirrors. Do you find that it stays put, or does it fall off periodically?

I prefer boats with sleeper seats and I find the Mariah buckets to be restricting (some give and take when purchasing used). The driver's seat is set all the way back and it cannot be rotated very far without contacting the side of the boat. As a result, I want a mirror or mirrors that I can leave in place so that I can see what is coming up behind me.

Shabah 198SE

rajjneef 09-18-2010 10:51 AM

I also had mine on the passenger side. I didnt find it to be a problem back then. At first I would take it off when not pulling anyone but eventually it just stayed put.