The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Whale transom wash pump help needed (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4439-whale-transom-wash-pump-help-needed.html)

willrev 07-09-2010 01:34 AM

Whale transom wash pump help needed

Just purchased a 1995 talari 240 with the 7.4 mag fuel injected engine with Corsa captains call exhaust.159 hours on the boat. Stiletto 21 pitch prop on bravo 1 outdrive.60+ mph. Can't get the Whale pump on transom to pump water. I hear it run when turned on. Wondering if there is a cut off valve for pick up and where? Or is there a tank for filling with fresh water? How can I get a manual to this boat?

lowerthanu 07-09-2010 04:30 AM

Re: Whale transom wash pump help needed

I have a 92 Z240 and there is a ball valve down near the bilge pump that you open and close if you want the wash pump to work. That way when its open the pump sucks water from the underside of the boat.

willrev 07-09-2010 10:22 AM

Thanks for a reply. I am going to have to try to figure out the location of the bilge pump and the washdown ball cock valve. I really appreciate any reply. Apparently I do have the Z240 with the defroster, electric seat, and all the original upholstery and cockpit covers. My trailer is not the fancy matching painted trailer, but that can be easily remedied. The boat runs very well. I switched all my fluids to AMSOIL. I am a believer in synthetics. Another question. To the left of the steering wheel under towards the bottom of the dash there are two round switches or controls. One appears to dim the dash lights. Not sure what these two switches are for. If anyone knows, I would love to find out. I am trying to figure out if you can get the manual if you become a paying supporter of the forum. Not sure if that is the trick. If someone could reply and let me know, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

willrev 07-09-2010 01:20 PM

Paid to join the forum. Got some great information. These really are upper end boats. I am surprised. I was seriously considering another Sea Ray. I am very pleased. Sorry that Mariah went under some years ago. It seems like all the really good companies have trouble making it. People are so hooked on cheap these days. I suppose I need to get some pics posted of the new boat. Going to head out and look for that valve.

willrev 07-09-2010 02:58 PM

Answer found. I traced the plumbing to the Whale transom shower and found the pump mounted in the engine well beneath the power steering resevoir. There is a ball cock valve that I cannot reach without removing the rear seat so I can lay on the floor. Sorry for so many posts in this thread. Maybe it will help someone else. The pick up for the pump is on hull beneath the engine area. Saw that this rear seat may fold down. I will try it.

willrev 07-10-2010 11:42 PM

Went to Kerr Lake today and the Whale pump on the transom for the shower worked like a charm. I did figure out how to fold the back seat down. It was tight getting my hand to that valve around the belts and water hose, but I finally managed.