The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Made in Italy????? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4322-made-italy.html)

Paul F 06-24-2010 03:29 AM

Made in Italy?????

There's a Mariah 222 on sale on ebay right now.

1997 MARIAH 222 HIGH END BOWRIDER BOAT - 5.7 BRAV 3: eBay Motors (item 310229079447 end time Jun-30-10 12:18:12 PDT)

The seller indicates it's an Italian boat. I know Mariah had a presence in Europe, (Prince Charles owned one), but were'nt they all built in Benton?

ShabahZ280 06-24-2010 03:51 AM

Re: Made in Italy?????

Yes they were all built in Benton, IL. Even overseas export versions were still made in the USA. If it was an "Italian" boat, it would have the European navigation lighting on it. (Lights midship on both port and starboard side), not the single light on the bow... I don't know where this guy's getting his info from, but one thing's for sure, it's not Italian! :D

flt1vfs 06-24-2010 05:19 AM

I have a 1995 mariah Talari with a mercruiser 350 4 bbl. Last year when i put in away it ran great. This spring it runs terrible.
When acclearting from a stop, it stalls, sputters, then slowly takes off. I have run the tank down to 1/4, then filled with fresh gas. I have used starbrite product and also sea foam, but no help. Boat accelarates fine from 3000 rpm to 4000 rpm.
Any suggestions? Could it be water in the gas? I also replaced my water seperator.

MAJIC 06-24-2010 11:49 AM

First - as for the Italian boat... I have side mounted Nav lights on my 97 Shabah 252Z. But this boat has been on Lake Winnipesaukee, NH for it's entire life. Was the side mount an option? Given the anchor locker in the bow, a bow mounted light might take some pretty good abuse. IMHO the price is a bit high for the boat you're looking at. I know in NH my 252Z is worth about $13,000 w/o a trailer, has about 300 hours, no tears in the vinyl, and has more options. Go to N.A.D.A. Home Page to get the value.

As for the engine problem (this should have been opened in a new thread) I believe there is another filter on the carb that needs to be changed. I had an 88 5.0L with a 4bbl and it had a paper based filter that the line from the separator went into. I think my 4bbl on my Mariah has the same thing. I was actually going to change them all out next time I get up to the boat.

mikeyt 06-24-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flt1vfs (Post 23186)
I have a 1995 mariah Talari with a mercruiser 350 4 bbl. Last year when i put in away it ran great. This spring it runs terrible.
When acclearting from a stop, it stalls, sputters, then slowly takes off. I have run the tank down to 1/4, then filled with fresh gas. I have used starbrite product and also sea foam, but no help. Boat accelarates fine from 3000 rpm to 4000 rpm.
Any suggestions? Could it be water in the gas? I also replaced my water seperator.

Nothing like hijacking someone else's thread.....:(

Dredd 06-24-2010 03:45 PM

The PO probably convinced him that it's Italian because of the quality and he never researched it for himself. I mean, it was an 80 thousand dollar 22' bow rider... pretty much had to be imported from somewhere...

I always thought they were German and a sister of Porsche. :rolling_laugh:

http://www.car411.com/wp-content/upl...blem_thumb.jpg

Hyperryd 06-24-2010 04:14 PM

Maybe after they bought the boat here, had it shipped to Italy to have the side mounted Nav lights and then had it shipped back, it cost $80k. lol

shermans 06-24-2010 05:22 PM

It seems like most of the parts are made in Europe for my Z275 Divanti! Maybe that's why they think the boat was built in Italy

Paul F 06-25-2010 03:39 AM

Divanti?? That's got to be Italian!!

Never realized the similarity between the Mariah crest and the Porsche!

By the way, I had no intention of buying this boat. I just go on ebay from time to time and look at Mariah Boats.

Don't we all????

Dredd 07-01-2010 10:32 PM

haha...
frah-gee-lay.' It must be Italian!