The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   I finally got my new interior finished, well almost. (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4303-i-finally-got-my-new-interior-finished-well-almost.html)

Hyperryd 06-22-2010 03:38 AM

I finally got my new interior finished, well almost.

11 Attachment(s)
I bought my 198 last March. I got a great deal and I knew it just needed some tlc. After a lot of cleaning and polishing it was a great boat last summer. The only thing that bugged me was the green dash and carpet. The finish on the dash was distorted and could use some refinishing and I just couldn't stand the green carpet. The vinyl had quite a few cracks when I pulled it out of storage this year so I decided to freshen up the whole interior. After two months of waiting for the vinyl to get finished at the upholstery shop and the same time frame for me to dye the dashes, replace the carpet and install the sound system, it is finally finished. Well mostly. I still have to rebuild the glove box and cooler doors that had warped wood in them. Attached are some pics of the day I found the boat and what it looks like now.

theblochs 06-22-2010 05:02 AM

Re: I finally got my new interior finished, well almost.

Man, that came out great! Just curious, was the upholstery shop able to re-create the "Mariah" stitching on your new vinyl or did you do something different there. I'd like to have mine done as well, but I wanted it to look factory. It looks like you did too, because that job looks it just rolled of the line. Nice.

Hyperryd 06-22-2010 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually had a local embroidery shop that does large scale runs, trace the logo off of this site. The attached pic shows the original headrest and a trial run on tan vinyl. I liked the new one a lot more. It just looks more refined than the original. I really wanted a factory look. It isn't cheap, but it really makes a huge difference.

ShabahZ280 06-22-2010 01:31 PM

Damn, that looks frickin awesome. Nice job! Glad you decided to restore to OEM style too. I'm jealous...:wink_thumbup:

Care to share how much you spent? It's a common question here on the board when it comes to replacing the vinyl interior.

Hyperryd 06-22-2010 03:18 PM

Alright here is the breakdown:

Vinyl work at upholstery shop - $1600 (He won't do another one of these for less than $2000, now)
Carpet, glue and dye- $250
Custom embroidery - $145
Stereo system - ?
Hours and hours and hours and hours...... of stress worrying about the color combinations and labor taking it all apart and getting it back together - Pricele$$:wink_thumbup:

peterg33 06-22-2010 05:40 PM

Looks like a job well done. Gives me some ideas for our boat.

Dredd 06-22-2010 07:04 PM

Very nice!
I have thought about putting subs where you did too. Do you think the vibration is going to be hard on the gauges?

jgreen 06-22-2010 08:22 PM

Frigin awesome! I for one don't think the prices are out of line either. Looks like you got your money's worth and then some.
Well done

Hyperryd 06-22-2010 09:14 PM

Dredd, I have installed a bunch of systems in wakeboard and ski boats over the years. I have used 15" subs and multiple 12" under the drivers dash and suprisingly I haver never had anybody have any gauge problems. Of course there is one side effect on a Mariah..... I am always driving North!!!!!!!!!!

Dredd 06-23-2010 01:48 AM

Haha, oh well at least you'll have good sound if you get lost. Thanks for the info. There's a lot of room in that area that is currently going to waste on my boat.