The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   The official "What's your favorite original Mariah accessory" thread! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4240-official-whats-your-favorite-original-mariah-accessory-thread.html)

stereoman405 06-10-2010 05:27 PM

The official "What's your favorite original Mariah accessory" thread!

Selling my Mariah has me thinking about all the things my new boat won't have. Let's list our favorite "gimmicky" Mariah options from the early years.

I'll start. Its a REALLY tight toss up between the wing windows and the retracting anchor light.

We have a thoroughfare up here that takes 45 minutes to get thorough at 3 MPH, so on a hot day those windows are nice, but the looks on my friends faces when the anchor light pops up is priceless.

Sooooo I'll go with anchor light.

blockp 06-10-2010 06:44 PM

Re: The official "What's your favorite original Mariah accessory" thread!

Gotta agree about the anchor light getting a lot of double takes. Since that one's already taken, I might have to go with the power seat being the next biggest eye opener. The kids are always playing with it, so it usually gets noticed by new passengers when we're anchored out. It's usually followed by a disgusted comment from my wife that goes something like "oh, go ahead honey, show them the rest".

stereoman405 06-10-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blockp (Post 22796)
"oh, go ahead honey, show them the rest".

:D You get that to?

msmith68 06-10-2010 06:58 PM

The anchor light would definitely be my first choice as well. It is pretty funny to see peoples faces when the light starts to pop up...... My second choice is either the captains choice exhaust or the docking lights......

klattu 10-21-2011 04:25 AM

I like the anchor storage compartment up front.
Not sure about the light, I may not have that.

mikeyt 10-21-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stereoman405 (Post 22797)
:D You get that to?

Funny, mine usually says not to show anything that 'pops up'..... :p

ShabahZ280 10-24-2011 01:17 PM

I'll agree on the anchor light. Also the integrated function of the SOS lights on that circuit... I don't think anyone else has thought of that, and it's a great safety feature.

But my favorite has to be the keyless start. I may have forgotten my keys a few times, and the ability to just enter the code, start the boat up, and enjoy the day boating is an amazing feature. It also impresses a lot of people. :)

Purple_Shabah 10-24-2011 08:25 PM

All cool things!! I like the under seat storage...We can get a LOT of beer under that seat (stacked right)

I wish the bow riders had heaters... this time of year that would be nice!!:wink_thumbup:

jgreen 10-25-2011 12:47 AM

I vote Captains Call exhaust. There aren't many on the river with us and there just isn't a better sound than a big block echoing off the rock walls. The vent windows are a close second.

woodward33 10-25-2011 10:28 PM

Third vote for the telescoping anchor light. I just pray it never gets bent... I was able to replace the telescoping radio antenna with a generic, but I doubt I'll be able to find a light that would fit in that hole.

Also, since nobody has mentioned it yet; as hokey as I thought the driver side window defog vent was on my "Z" package, I can say that on a few chilly mornings, it works awesome and has come in really handy.

Nick