The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   At it again! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4094-again.html)

Boatcrazy 05-20-2010 02:53 AM

Re: At it again!

Jgreen,

My shop is allowing me to purchase all the parts myself and supply them for the rebuild.

So far my bill with the engine shop is a little over 1K.
Disassemble block
Dip, clean and paint block
Magna-flux block
Line hone
Bore all cylinders to .030 over
Resurface block
Polish crank
Install all bearings
Assemble long block
Complete redo of 088 heads

Parts from KE
509 pistons and rings $800
Cam and lifter kit $1000
Roller rockers $300
Complete gasket set $300
Reprogram ECM $400

PVC, Vinyl and foam approximately $1000

=$4800.00

Under 5K but I guess the powder coated and gauges will take me over that mark but oh well its a B.O.A.T. (break out another thousand).

jgreen 05-20-2010 04:14 AM

Coming together nice. How much weight do you think you'll save with the PVC?

Boatcrazy 05-20-2010 04:30 AM

I weighed the wood pieces and will weigh the new ones and let you know.

95Z212 05-22-2010 01:24 AM

Great job on the boat. Truely amazing job. I'm not sure what I would do with my boat if I ever saw it like that. (Thank god I have a lift!) But after seeing how truely great looking your boat is, even under water, I would have done the same thing (after I made my own river, of tears!!) Truely amazing job.

Boatcrazy 05-23-2010 08:57 PM

11 Attachment(s)
Progress this weekend.

jgreen 05-26-2010 02:56 AM

Back seat looks good. I sometimes wish I had room for speakers like that, but I have the engine box and two jumpseat/coolers. looking forward to more pics later.

Hyperryd 05-26-2010 03:37 PM

What type of store did you buy the PVC boards from? I have been looking for those, but nobody seems to know what I am talking about.
I do hope you are planning a whole lot more screws in that speaker box or it its going to rattle apart. Looks great!

Hyperryd 05-26-2010 03:44 PM

One other sugestion: I would buy a few extra ice chests. My luck would be after custom fitting them in like that, one would get a crack and I would find out that they don't make them that same shape and size anymore. Maybe that is just my luck, but a couple extra would be good insurance.

Boatcrazy 05-26-2010 08:50 PM

Hyperryd,

I purchased my PVC board from Farco Plastics out of Jacksonville Florida.
1" $134
3/4" $88
1/2" $67

In regards to my subwoofer enclosure I plan on gluing it all together with PVC glue and add a SS deck screw every inch. It will be built totally airtight and solid with three separate chambers for each of the 12" Wetsounds subs. I also just purchased off a Craigslist 8 JL Audio 7.7 marine separates for $250 bucks for all of them. Sweet deal and will put them to good use.

Boatcrazy 05-27-2010 01:01 AM

15 Attachment(s)
Put the rear section into the boat today to check fitment. Looks like I need to make a few adjustments and then will start disassembling to glue and permanently screw together. I am picking up the foam tomorrow and will hopefully start upholstering this weekend.

Livorsi gauges should be here next week as well as the rest of the 502 engine parts so the builder can start assembly.