The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   What are the Accessory Switches For? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/3364-what-accessory-switches.html)

Z280Bob 09-23-2009 06:08 PM

What are the Accessory Switches For?

Now that I am 12 days into my 1999 Mariah Z280 ownership I have some switch questions for you folks. First what are the 3 Accessory toggle switches on the helm for? Second, on the electric panel in the cabin there are 2 accessory switches on the DC side. One of them turns on the 3 fans but I can't figure out what the 2nd one is for? :confused::confused:

WetWilly 09-25-2009 10:45 AM

Re: What are the Accessory Switches For?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z280Bob (Post 18434)
Now that I am 12 days into my 1999 Mariah Z280 ownership I have some switch questions for you folks. First what are the 3 Accessory toggle switches on the helm for? Second, on the electric panel in the cabin there are 2 accessory switches on the DC side. One of them turns on the 3 fans but I can't figure out what the 2nd one is for? :confused::confused:

Hi Z280Bob,

I'll take a stab at this one.... The additional ACC Switches which don't appear to do anything are for any additional accessories that you may add to your Mariah and wish to control via a switch. They may be pre-wired for power and all you would have to do is run the positive wire from your accessory to the switch's output and then find a suitable ground for the negative wire.

Of course I could be totally wrong :eek_animated: but that's how it was on our SeaRay.

WetWilly :D

blockp 09-25-2009 02:00 PM

on my z202, most of the acc switches on the front panel weren't hooked to anything. Like WW said, they are prewired with a positive, but there are no wires coming off the output side of the switch.

Z280Bob 09-25-2009 08:29 PM

I thought they might be for future use but 2 of the 3 on the helm will light up when pushed forward while the 3rd does not. Does this change anyones opinion?

95Z212 09-25-2009 09:33 PM

The little red square doesn't light up? I'd say that doesn't matter, as long as everythings working. I think on my blower switch, the light doesn't light up, but my blower runs. There was a thread on here with a parts list of where you could get the switch's if you needed... my 2 cents.. hope it helps

blockp 09-27-2009 12:45 AM

I think the bulb may be burned out on the one that doesn't light up. All of mine light up even though they are hooked up to nothing.

Buckeyeinatl 07-03-2015 04:30 PM

I have a 202, I'm trying to figure out how to get to the output of one of these switches to hook in some cabin lighting. I can't get my head up in there, am I supposed to take the dash apart to get to the output?

Buckeyeinatl 07-04-2015 03:37 AM

Nevermind - realized if I get at it from the side, and pop the switch slightly, I could get a hand up in there and get a wire on the switch. :)