Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

2001 Mariah Z192 Is it worth it?

Original Mariah Talk

Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #1

Travis Harlos is currently offline
Gallery Images: 0

Send Travis Harlos:
a Private Message

Default 2001 Mariah Z192 Is it worth it?

Hey Guys I just found your forum here.

I am looking at buying a 2001 Mariah Z192 Shabah with a 5.0 eng and a volvo penta leg, The boat is in good condition has 100 hrs on the boat and approx 20 hrs on the motor. The previous owner forgot to winterize the boat it is a one owner boat and has been looked after. There is cracks in the vinal cooler lid on the dash and one of the woodgrain covers on theside compartments is also cracked. Also on the drivers seat the is a tear on the seam where he put his knee through the seat. He said his bottom dollar is $15000 CDN.

I am iffy to buy the boat because all I can find on the net is that 2001 Mariahs were great boats and 2002 and up are just not the same boat. Also I can only find 1 dealer in canada that sells Mariah boats anymore. How hard is it going to be to get parts for this boat? The boat sure looks like a nice boat with all of the little touches. How are these boats?

Here is a few pics of the boat.
PICT0030.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0032.jpg
  • Old 05-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #2

Travis Harlos is currently offline
    Gallery Images: 0

Send Travis Harlos:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 2001 Mariah Z192 Is it worth it?

Hey guys 26 views and not one comment. What do you guys think is this a deal? Are parts hard to find? I searched for Z192 on this forum and like 4-5 posts came up. I checked the Nada prices and with the options it was arround $11,200 US But I also know that the Nada prices for my 1992 campion allante 19' was only $3500 and the boat was worth way more. I got $13,250 for it so are these #'s correct?

All the carpets and extra tops etc are with the boat.
    Old 05-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #3

Z 202 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Mariah Shabah 202
    My Engine: 5.7L Alpha 1
    Gallery Images: 6

Send Z 202:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 2001 Mariah Z192 Is it worth it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Travis Harlos View Post
    Hey guys 26 views and not one comment.
    There aren't any bikini clad women in the pic's.

I'll add my stock answer for the week:

Some of the parts (mostly interior ones) were built in house at the original Mariah factory (which is no longer in business), and will be difficult if not impossible to find. Thes would things like the cooler lid and the cracked woodgrain. We do have some How-To's on how to repair some of these things.

However, most of the other hardware was sourced from various companies which are still in business, and we have a complete list of suppliers in the sticky thread at the top of this forum. The driveline is obviously not a problem, as parts are readily available.

These are awesome boats. The original Mariah boats Inc. offered a lifetime warranty on the hull. Though at this point it's unlikely you'll be able to make a claim, it demonstrates the confidance the original Mariah had in their product.

If you can find one that has been well maintained, go for it. Most of us on here bought our boats knowing full well of the situation, but the quality and performance really is second to none.

In general the NADA prices are only a guide, and are typically low relative to what these boats actually sell for. 15K Cdn probably isn't too far out of line, especially for a well kept model with low hours, the trailer and all the covers.

However there are concerns; If the boat was not properly winterized, it may have suffered freeze damage. I would have everything checked out by a reputable boat mechanic before you make an offer. The upholstery repair will likley be a custom job, so factor that in as well.

Good luck with it. If you have any other questions, post 'em up.

My Shabah is using what the hybrids are saving!