Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Windsheild

Original Mariah Talk

Old 05-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #1

Provo is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Model: 1994 240 Talari 5.7Mag Alpha one
Gallery Images: 0

Send Provo:
a Private Message

Default Windsheild

I am one of the unfortunate Mariah owners whose windshield glass has been damaged. I believe I have narrowed it down to Taylor made Clear Curve EX Series Model VH. As usual Taylor Made will not offer any assistance in confirming my measurements. There are 9 measurements that must be taken, all but 2 are dead on matches for this model and series. The 2 that are off, are off by less than 1 inch. I believe they are off because I did not want to try to force my frame from my good port glass for a precise measurements.

As a club I would like to ask if everyone could list the year & model of your boat with the Taylor Made number on the frame. (number is located bottom left front glass) What I hope to see is some duplicate model numbers start showing up within the club. Once I have some good numbers I plan on trying to match them up to Regal or Sea Ray models. I have friends who work for both manufactures and have agreed to help me try to solve this mystery. I also have names and contact info for VP of sales and Engineering at Taylor Made Group that I intend to contact with this information, sometimes upper management can make things happen to correct poor customer service from the rank and file employees.
  • Old 05-27-2009, 01:52 AM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Windsheild

Good luck with Taylor Made. Talk about unhelpful. This is the information i sent them a couple of years ago:

I've attached three pics of the windshield. The front glass is curved and there is a small vent glass missing also. There is a sticker on the port side window stating "Taylor Made #31021" which i assume is the production code. The existing glass is Taylor Made Clear Curve.

This is the response i got and of course i couldn't locate the 6-9 digit number despite taking everything (frame & glass) apart.....

When Mariah was in business they would buy fronts, door, and wings from us separately and mix them up on the windshields. For that reason we do not know what windshield is on this boat. If you look on the inside of the bottom trim there is a 6 to 9 digit number. if you can provide that we can see if we can still manufacture the parts for this windshield.

I'll have another look when i pick my boat up from storage this weekend though...
    Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 AM   #3

Provo is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1994 240 Talari 5.7Mag Alpha one
    Gallery Images: 0

Send Provo:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Windsheild

Numbers on my windshield are 462737. I know that Taylor Made did not manufacture glass just for Mariah. If there record keeping is really this sloppy you have to wander how they stay in business. Every manufacturer has to supply them with the following to make sure that the glass and frame will work with the decking. Bottom chord width ( bottom curve) Top chord width (top curve) Vee depth(bottom side edge to bottom front edge) Front vertical height, Wing Vertical Height, Front angle rake, Wing set back and Wing Tumble.