The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Help with power seat switch wiring (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2523-help-power-seat-switch-wiring.html)

stereoman405 05-14-2009 12:44 AM

Help with power seat switch wiring

You guys are probably getting sick of all my electrical questions these days. :D

I won't make you suffer through some of the wonderful wiring improvements the PO did..... But I need to figure out how to wire the 3 way momentary switch for the electric seat. It looks like the power hatch switch is still un-tampered with so I was trying to use it as a guide, but the hatch motor is disconnected so I don't know if it's done right. Also it looks like a number fancy 'Y' and 'V' splice connectors are missing so it's like trying to put a puzzle back together when you're missing pieces and you don't know what it looked like int the first place.

So anyone have any diagrams or pics that could help? I'll also need to source those fancy connectors.

Thanks!

stereoman405 05-14-2009 12:49 AM

Re: Help with power seat switch wiring

Of course I just found this post: Gee 'search' is helpful.

http://www.mariahownersclub.com/foru...ght=power+seat

So, hookup the motor to the middle pair then criss cross the power to opposite corners. That is what the Hatch looked like. Do I need to do the same with the ground wires?

Looks like I'm definitely going to need the adapters for this...

WetWilly 05-14-2009 07:01 AM

Hi stereoman405,

It would seem logical to hook the ground that way but with electronics, things aren't always as they seem and assumptions cause fried wiring... :(

Is you switch a 6 pole affair and if so, are the contacts labeled 1 - 6 with the seat wiring going to connections 2 & 5? If this is correct, I believe I can help you with your switch hookup. Let me know if this is correct and where you have the existing wires connected and we'll get your seat working in no time!

As far as all your electrical questions, don't worry about it! That's what we're here for, helping each other maintain our Mariahs!

WetWilly

stereoman405 05-14-2009 07:17 AM

Thanks. :D

It is a 6 pole switch labeled 1-6, and the existing wiring was so messed up its best to just start me from scratch.

Basically I have the two wires from the chair motor, a ground, a power lead, and a power and ground dangling off the hatch switch that I assume goes to the top two seat switch posts, (both are 6" jumpers) that then daisy chain over to other accessories. If there are any other jumpers needed for this they are long gone and I'll need to make new ones.

I actually have an additional ground dangling back there that I can't for the life of me figure out, but I'm pretty sure its unrelated to this problem.

WetWilly 05-14-2009 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi stereoman405,

I think I have just what you need to figure out your wiring mystery! I found this hand made wiring diagram which I believe was made by our member Z 202 (if I'm wrong,somebody please correct me) and though it's for an older Mariah, I think the wiring is still the same so here you go!

Good luck,
WetWilly

ShabahZ280 05-14-2009 01:12 PM

I think that's from Randy Jobe, at least that's what the signature on there looks like!

stereoman405 05-14-2009 05:29 PM

Perfect! Thanks! I had my local auto parts store order a few different styles of connectors so I should be in business.

WetWilly 05-14-2009 08:46 PM

You're right ShabahZ250, looks like I had the wrong Randy, darn eyes aren’t what they used to be!

I stand corrected, my apologies and many thanks to rjobe!

For our newer members, Randy Jobe created the template for the metal radio bezel, a jittery fuel gage fix and the wiring diagram I posted earlier among other things.

WetWilly

chuggins2000 02-20-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stereoman405 (Post 14303)
You guys are probably getting sick of all my electrical questions these days. :D

I won't make you suffer through some of the wonderful wiring improvements the PO did..... But I need to figure out how to wire the 3 way momentary switch for the electric seat. It looks like the power hatch switch is still un-tampered with so I was trying to use it as a guide, but the hatch motor is disconnected so I don't know if it's done right. Also it looks like a number fancy 'Y' and 'V' splice connectors are missing so it's like trying to put a puzzle back together when you're missing pieces and you don't know what it looked like int the first place.

So anyone have any diagrams or pics that could help? I'll also need to source those fancy connectors.

Thanks!

I was a Mariah dealer and I have an old Mariah dealer manual with wiring diagrams one of the pages has the wiring for the power seat and power hatch. I will scan it and post it on my web site.
Go to 97_MariahZ210. It's saturday Feb 20th 9:05 am central time.
Hope this helps,
Craig
Kennedy Marine

chuggins2000 02-20-2010 02:33 PM

The link for the wiring diagram is 97_MariahZ210
http://www.kennedymarine.com/seat_slider