The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Help with hatch lift - Need PICs of brackets (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2410-help-hatch-lift-need-pics-brackets.html)

stereoman405 05-22-2009 01:03 PM

Re: Help with hatch lift - Need PICs of brackets

Quote:

Originally Posted by indykoch (Post 14528)
Sorry, I had to travel for work and totally spaced that I was going to do this. I'll get pics and measure Friday, but may not be able to post until Saturday.

No problem. Sounds great. Thanks! :wink_thumbup:

stereoman405 05-26-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indykoch (Post 14528)
Sorry, I had to travel for work and totally spaced that I was going to do this. I'll get pics and measure Friday, but may not be able to post until Saturday.

Ok, you had your fun weekend, no where are my pics. ;)

indykoch 05-26-2009 08:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Ok, you had your fun weekend, no where are my pics.
Ha ha!! Yeah... I had WAY too much fun this weekend. I'm sorry, I did get around to taking the pics on Friday, but I don't think I could find the power button on a computer all weekend long :wink_thumbup:.

I don't know what happened on this first pic, but looks pretty funky, huh? I think the overall height is 5" and the slot in the second pic is about 3". Hope this helps!

stereoman405 05-26-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indykoch (Post 14642)
Ha ha!! Yeah... I had WAY too much fun this weekend. I'm sorry, I did get around to taking the pics on Friday, but I don't think I could find the power button on a computer all weekend long :wink_thumbup:.

I don't know what happened on this first pic, but looks pretty funky, huh? I think the overall height is 5" and the slot in the second pic is about 3". Hope this helps!

Haha, I 'm just giving you crap. I was at our lake place all weekend and didn't have cell service let alone internet access. It was the official "test phase" to see if the Mariah was worth keeping and putting a stereo in. Guess what? She passed. :D

Thanks for all the pics, that's exactly what I needed. I'll post with my results after my buddy fabs it up.

stereoman405 06-01-2009 04:43 PM

Got it in and appears to work like a charm (the bracket that is). Now that my motor has a load on it, its making an awful noise when retracting. I already packed a bunch of grease in there when I had it apart. I think I'll use the zirk when its extended to see if I can get some more forced up in there.

I'll take some pics after I do final testing. My buddy said that they would make more in the $150 range if anyone is interested. (Roughly $50 in materials, then an hour an a half labor for milling and welding.)

Thanks to indykoch for the measurements! :wink_thumbup: