The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   looking at "99 z250 and have ?'s (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2292-looking-99-z250-have-s.html)

235guy 04-13-2009 01:46 AM

looking at "99 z250 and have ?'s

looking at buying a z 250 . the only thing holding me back is i'm worried that i wont be happy with the amout of deck space.... is this an issue for any one else???? please ,if you own one of these boats give some advice. THE DEALS GREAT AND THE BOAT SHOWS AS NEW. JUST WONT TO BE HAPPY WITH IT ...... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE...... Z 235 GUY

ShabahZ280 04-13-2009 08:42 PM

Re: looking at "99 z250 and have ?'s

I have a 2000 Z250, and front deck space isn't much of an issue. There's more than enough room for me to lay down fully between the grab rails, and sit a few people on the sides up front. If you're sitting up, it can hold probably at least 4-6 there alone.

Cockpit holds 5 comfortably. 2 in the bolsters, and three in the back seat. I don't know how they think 4 people could sit there, unless they're kids.

My girlfriend loves the space on the back sundeck, but it's just enough for one to lay down fully. Sitting up it'll hold 4.

There's room on the transom swim deck to sit 3 people.

The cabin can hold quite a few people, but if you're sleeping in there, you better be very open-minded for more than 2 people, it gets pretty cozy. :)

Capacity plate states max capacity at 12 people. However I don't think I'd want that many people onboard. That's 6 in the cockpit, and 6 in the cabin, which would be REALLY cramped.

235guy 04-14-2009 01:32 AM

Thanks For The Info. . I Have 2 Small Children That Go Out With Wife And I , Do You Think I'll Be Happy With The Amount Of Cockpit Space???

ShabahZ280 04-14-2009 12:22 PM

Yes, you should be happy with the amount of cockpit space!

235guy 04-19-2009 10:39 PM

THANK YOU !!! GOING TO PICK HER UP THIS THURSDAY. I MORE QUESTION, WHERES THE COOLER GO ????? COCKPIT LOOKS TIGHT, FOR A BIG COOLER.... THANK YOU !!!:punch_out:

bdbyrnes 04-20-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 235guy (Post 13484)
THANK YOU !!! GOING TO PICK HER UP THIS THURSDAY. I MORE QUESTION, WHERES THE COOLER GO ????? COCKPIT LOOKS TIGHT, FOR A BIG COOLER.... THANK YOU !!!:punch_out:

There should be a cooler between the captains chairs...(in the floor)

ShabahZ280 04-20-2009 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The cooler can go two places. Either

a) use the built in cooler on the swim platform (doesn't hold much)
b) put your cooler in the cabin

When we usually go out, if it's no more than 4 of us, we'll pack the small cooler on the swim platform with drinks and a small bag of ice. It'll last a few hours. However when we're doing a big event, and have more than 4 on board, I have a 54qt (i think) cooler that we pack into the cabin. It's taller than your standard cooler. It's the perfect size to fit in the walkway between the cushions, and still have enough room to move around in the cabin. See the attached photo, just pay no attention to my passed out drunk girlfriend. :D

Mike & Jayme 04-21-2009 12:04 AM

Now that's a pillow prop chris !!!!!:rolling_laugh:....Mike