The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   1993 Mariah 240Z (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2144-1993-mariah-240z.html)

ewespank 03-11-2009 05:54 AM

1993 Mariah 240Z

Im new to this site and im thinking about buying the 1993 240z . I wanted some honest opinions if i should make it a go or not. Ive been a Mariah fan for a long time but always had Sea Rays... and this will be my first Mariah. Info:

1993 Mariah 240Z 24’ Cuddy cabin 454, 7.4 CBB Bravo III,
No disappointments, this boat is the cleanest you will see. Garage kept with a cover. Fabulous boat for skiing, fishing and camping on the lake. Great to have a large comfortable cuddy to bed down in after a day at the lake. Cuddy sleeps 2 adults very comfortably. This boat is made for the big lakes 50+ top end with a very comfortable 35 cruise. Trim tabs for a smooth comfortable ride in the choppiest conditions. 90 gal fuel tank for Powel, Havasu, Mohave or wherever you want. Boat and trailer are in excellent condition.

Large Bimini Top, Depth Finder, Flowscan fuel meter and totalizer to monitor and optimize fuel consumption, VHF Radio, AM FM CD player with AMP and 6 speakers, Porti Poti, Stainless Duo Prop BRAVO III, Swim step with fold down ladder (Extra low for easy boarding), Hydraulic Trim Tabs for a smooth ride, Stainless drive shower, Docking Lights, Anchor locker, 2 Batteries with switch, Stainless Steel Magma grill with custom mount. (Nothing like a great meal at the lake). Removable table (seats four for a full dinner), This boat is lake ready for a great summer. Tube, vests and skis included.
13,500 OBO

Just talked to the guy and meet with him this week. Its got a new motor in it with about 30hrs, and from the pictures it looks like a beauty. So please help with opinions...

WetWilly 03-11-2009 07:01 AM

Re: 1993 Mariah 240Z

Ahoy ewespank and welcome to the club!

If she's in the shape you described then it's just a matter of the price being right, and if you're happy with the price. I'd say go for it! You can't go wrong as Mariahs are top quality built and your "Z" came fully equipped!

Just like you, we owned a SeaRay before picking up our 96' 240Z w/7.4L & Bravo III.

Btw, you fuel tank is 76gals per the 93 brochure.

WetWilly

ShabahZ280 03-11-2009 03:30 PM

Sounds like a great deal! I say go for it! :wink_thumbup:
I'm a previous Sea Ray owner too. FYI, one of Mariah's advertising campaigns in the 90's was "The Boats Sea Ray Owners are Upgrading To"...

Z 202 03-11-2009 03:40 PM

Yes indeed it sounds like a real find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 12549)
FYI, one of Mariah's advertising campaigns in the 90's was "The Boats Sea Ray Owners are Upgrading To"...

...and apparently still true to this day! :yes_grin:

ShabahZ280 03-11-2009 04:36 PM

what's funny is, i was told that by a Sea Ray salesman!!

ewespank, before you buy, definitely take it for a trial run. I wouldn't recommend buying it without first seeing how it runs on the water!

Daxgirl 03-11-2009 06:50 PM

It was great reading the advice you were given. We just sold our 96 Marada and bought a 94 240Z Mariah Davanti. It too has been in a big barn and covered. It looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. It has the same engine and is loaded with lots of nice things like a new stereo/sound system, transom shower, depthfinder, electric driver's seat, defrost and windshield wipers, + much much more. I am glad to hear it was a good deal at that price because that is about what we paid for ours. I have ridden on this boat a few times and now I can't wait for spring so we can acutually take it out as our boat. Good advice to take it out before you buy. I am sure we are going to be very pleased.

brettk 03-13-2009 02:56 AM

I have the 94 240z and love it! I have had numerous compliments. Mine does not have the 454 only the 350, the 454 would be nice because I do have a slowed hole shot when carrying a lot of passengers. I took a ride on my friends 07 Azure it was nice, maybe handled a little better than mine but the ride was not near as nice as the big heavy 240z. I would recommend it to anyone. Good luck, if your a first time buyer be sure to check the trailer over as much as the boat.