The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Questions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2092-questions.html)

Provo 02-20-2009 08:31 PM

Questions

Hello,
1. I would like to know what the Z options are. I have a 1994 Talari 240 but do not know if it is a Z model.
2. What is the small compartment that is built into the swim platform below the transom shower for?
3. I have what I think is a built in cooler in the center of the floor, am I correct?
4. My boat's weight is listed as approx 5000lbs is that wet or dry?
5. What is the differance between the acc lights and crys light switch?
6. Is there a wiring diagram avaialbe for my boat? I have removed all the add on circuits from previous owners and have started to lable the factory circuits.
Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Z 202 02-20-2009 09:12 PM

Re: Questions

1. Z models are all tricked out. Power everything; drivers seat, engine hatch, telescoping sternlight, window defogger, windshield wiper. etc.

2. It's a cooler/wet storage locker.

3. The locker in the floor is for skis and such, though I guess you could use it as a cooler.

4. Weights listed are usually the dry weight.

5. Courtesty would be the cabin/cockpit lighting. I'm not sure about the accessory lighting. I don't have any.

6. There are wiring diagrams available in the Original Mariah manuals and supplements subforum. As a contributing member you have access to that section.

Welcome to the club!

Provo 02-20-2009 11:46 PM

I have another compartment behind the ski storage.

mikeyt 02-21-2009 02:02 AM

From the pics in the 1994 brochure in our Promotional Materials archive it looks like an extra cooler / wet item storage area. If there is a drain hole then that is likely what it is.

WetWilly 02-21-2009 01:45 PM

Welcome Prove, I have a 96 Z240 Talari and I'd like to make a few corrections if I may.

1) We have a 94 Brochure and it list all the additional items that came on the "Z" models and like Z 202 said, it's pretty extensive over the non "Z" model, so as a Gold Member, you have access to it in the " Original Mariah Manuals and Supplements " in the "Original Mariah Boats" forum. You will also find #6 here as well like Z 202 said. BTW, the telescopic stern light wasn't available for the 94 or 96 Z240's.

2) Z 202 is right about this compartment, it can double as a cooler for people in the water, or to store your ski ropes. It's a wet storage as there is the small drain hole in the bottom that takes on water because it's below the water line when the boat is at rest in the water or moving at slow speeds.

3) I believe you were referring to the smaller locker behind the long ski locker, yes, that's a cooler and it should have a small chrome plastic strainer/plug at the bottom. The brochure has a great picture of this cooler. Under the front bow cushion there is another compartment that can double as a cooler too.

4) The weight listed in the brochure for the 94 Z240 Talari was 3750 Lbs dry with the 5.7L engine, not 5000 Lbs.

Well that's just my .02 worth...

Good luck,
WetWilly