The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Pics of pre-hibernation? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/1920-pics-pre-hibernation.html)

indykoch 11-21-2008 02:32 PM

Pics of pre-hibernation?

I held out as long as I could... Last year, I took some buddies out on the boat 2 days before Thanksgiving! It was a rare 65° day, so we said screw work, let's go! For the past 2+ weeks, I've kept the boat in the garage to clean her up and protect her from the freezes while waiting to see if we'd get one last day again. I finally decided to accept reality and winterize her. :(

I don't know how or why, but she sure looked cleaner than usual going into hibernation, so I decided to take some pictures. Here they are - gallery

Anyone else take some end of year pics to help comfort themselves throughout the winter?

ShabahZ280 11-21-2008 04:34 PM

Damn Ryan, your boat looks amazing! Those old pics in your gallery don't do it any justice. What a beauty.

Did you wax it all up for storage? I cleaned my hull to get the river grime off, and gave the outside a quick wash, let it dry and covered her up. I figured I'd just clean it when I uncover her in the spring.

indykoch 11-21-2008 06:06 PM

Thanks Chris.

Yes, I waxed it. I also put on a new coat of bottom paint since I tried removing it in the spring only to find it's TERRIBLY difficult and they sanded certain areas down to make it stick and would need to be re-gelcoated. I figured new paint was much cheaper and easier. I was going through withdrawal already, and spent a number of nights in the garage just cleaning so I could be with my baby! Shampooed the carpets, cleaned the heck out of the seats, tightened screws, and practically just sanitized the whole thing!

My thought is, if I clean it really well before storage, it will take less time in the spring to get her recommissioned. I get too antsy in the spring to get out on it and fear leaving something "dirty". I'd rather do it right in the fall. Might as well do the full blown cleaning, give it some love, and spend the last few hours of the year with her while I can.

Geez, no wonder my wife says I love the boat more than her!!! Good thing it has a woman's name!!!

mikeyt 11-21-2008 08:35 PM

Can i drop my boat off for you to clean too??? :rolleyes:

Z 202 11-21-2008 09:54 PM

Sadly, my Mariah has been in storage for almost 2 months... :(

I did do a full on Meguiar's fibreglass restoration before I took my 202 to my storage guy. No pictures unfortunately. He was going on and on about how sharp the hull looked. :) Mine's one of 3 Mariahs in the area, but the only one he stores in the winter. He said he'd take my boat over any of the "competition" that was in the yard. Something I'm sure many of us are in agreement with. :wink_thumbup:

I've been busy enough that I haven't had a chance to miss my boat yet. I probably won't start that until I visit the Toronto Boat Show sometime in January... :rolling_laugh:

180diablo 11-26-2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z 202 (Post 11250)
I've been busy enough that I haven't had a chance to miss my boat yet. I probably won't start that until I visit the Toronto Boat Show sometime in January... :rolling_laugh:

Yeah I would have to second both of those comments.

I'll be there in January wandering around somewhere .... :)

dieselwiezil 11-28-2008 06:09 AM

Im about to do the same thing, We are still having some 80* days. I might clean it up for a last time if this deal goes through. I may be selling it, I got offered a crazy amount of $$ for it. I just cant seem to decide... I will definetly be buying another Mariah, just a bigger one.

John Morgan 11-29-2008 05:49 AM

Speaking of crazy amounts of $$. I was once ofered $60,000.00 for my Z250!:eek_animated: My wife almost handed him my keys and stepped out of the boat.:shakehead: Then he said she has to come with it. I took $30,000 and kept the boat!!!:worry_to_laugh:

ShabahZ280 11-29-2008 01:03 PM

:rolling_laugh: I would have done the same thing John!

Brian 12-01-2008 12:14 AM

I miss Mariah more than i figured

Hey Fellas

I'm more fortuante than others. I can see my girl any time i please as she is inside our garage. After the boat shop calms down a little i will take her in to have the drive lube oil leak found and fixed. I will attach a pic to our gallery.
take care