The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   White light on a Talari 180 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/1725-white-light-talari-180-a.html)

Tilted 09-19-2008 03:01 AM

White light on a Talari 180

Hi folks,

I just picked up a gorgeous and clean 1994 Talari 180 and am thoroughly impressed by it. I only have one question right now, and I feel like it's a waste to ask, but I can't seem to answer it myself...

Is there a specific place I should be looking for the all-around white light to be stored?

I can't seem to find it anywhere, and I don't know if Mariah had a place designated for its storage.

George

indykoch 09-19-2008 04:15 AM

Congrats and welcome!

Is your Talari a "Z" model? I don't know if they had them in '94, but the Z models have power stern lights that pop out of the transom like a power antenna. Try switching the lights on and see. If it doesn't work, you may be able to see a flush cap where it's at, but then there's other issues.

If it doesn't have the power light, I think it's usually stored under the rear sun pad or in the ski locker.

Tom 09-19-2008 09:30 AM

Anchor light

There is no specific place that I have seen, but we toss ours under the rear jump seat. I actually put shelves under the side vinyl panels for additional storage for lifevests, towels etc. These boats were well constructed but like alot of the mid-nineties stuff the designers weren't thinking of storage. The shelves are about 14 inches wide and sit on top of the vertical wooden panels on the hull side. I attached small angle brackets to the inside edge and screwed them behind the vinyl side to the wood backing. I only did this on the port side as the starboard side has the drive/throttle controls and I didn't want to interfere with this. You can't see them at all, so it doesn't kill the look. Since there's a bit of craggy fiberglass under there you shouldn't put your neoprene vests there as they could be damaged. We use it mostly for towels. They should have put storage pockets next to the cupholders-not as nice a look, but alot more practical!

Z 202 09-19-2008 12:47 PM

Not sure if yours will be the same, but my Shabah has 2 rubber "clips" mounted on the underside of the engine hatch, into which you put the white light pole.

ShabahZ280 09-19-2008 01:00 PM

The most common places I've seen are under the rear sunpad, and in the storage area under the rear seat. In those spots it's completely out of the way.

Can someone post a pic of their clip mounts? It's much easier to show it than to try and explain!

Z 202 09-19-2008 01:30 PM

Found this one in the gallery. Not mine, but similar...

http://www.mariahownersclub.com/gall...php?n=1605&w=l

Tilted 09-19-2008 01:56 PM

Thanks guys...

A great response, I'll take a drive and search again. Otherwise it's going to be shopping time. =)

On a side note, I had a crazy nightmare a couple of hours ago...

I dreamt that I woke up, checked the weather in preparation to go out, and saw a perfect day. And as the day progressed to about 3pm, they forecasted a sudden massive freeze, down to 9°F, and all else be damned, I was only concerned about the boat.

What on earth do these poor boats do to our (or is it only my?) brains?

indykoch 09-19-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilted (Post 10352)
What on earth do these poor boats do to our (or is it only my?) brains?

That's easy... loss of productivity at work because you're always surfing this website, loss of money for add-ons, repairs, and maintenance, loss of wife because you love your boat more than her...

On a positive note, we have our Mariahs and we have our good times/memories!!! What more could you want?

Z 202 09-19-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indykoch (Post 10355)
...loss of wife because you love your boat more than her...

I'm going boating this weekend. My wife is off to a 25 year high school reunion. I told her to tell all of her old friends that I'm on a weekend getaway with my mistress... :rolling_laugh:

Paul F 09-19-2008 08:21 PM

I had the rubber holders attached to the bottom of the sundeck on my Talari, but the light kept falling out of it. I reattached them to the fiberglass above the motor and the pole straddles the 2 sides of the engine compartment. Works pretty well!