The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Tilt and trim issue (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/12877-tilt-trim-issue.html)

SeanGold007 06-18-2020 12:49 AM

Tilt and trim issue

Im new to Mariahs have had several other ski boats and came across a good deal on a 1996 Z200 Shabah. Been getting used to it the last couple of days it has the 5.7 with Alpha One. I changed the prop as previous owner had a 23 pitch and it would not plane out right. Went wit a 14-20 4 blade from Dyna Prop and world of difference. Now if I can figure out the tilt and trim with key on and motor down tilt will only bring motor up about quarter the way however if u go to the swim deck and use that switch motor will go all the way up. I have never encountered this on another boat so curious if there is a known issue and a know fix to solution????:confused::confused::confused:

mikeyt 06-18-2020 01:36 AM

Re: Tilt and trim issue

Its working like it was designed to. The tilt mechanism only has limited movement while the rear trailer button is set up to lift the outdrive completely up.

Add a pair of Nauticus Smart Tabs to your boat and watch how it planes & tracks. World of difference.

RDT 06-18-2020 05:46 PM

I have not seen the trim switch on the back of my boat ('95 Shabah 202) where is it located?

SeanGold007 06-18-2020 08:29 PM

Thanks for the info. Bought a set of Nautica SX trim tabs easy upgrade will post how they worked after hitting the lake. And my trim button is on the right topside of swim deck.:wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 06-19-2020 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDT (Post 67094)
I have not seen the trim switch on the back of my boat ('95 Shabah 202) where is it located?

Not all Mariahs came equipped with the rear mounted trailer switch. Mine didn't.

Shabah1253 07-01-2020 12:58 AM

My 94 Shabah Z212 has the trailering switch on the lower right corner of the control lever assembly.

BHSkybolt 08-06-2020 05:48 PM

I think that was a Z series standard option.. My 202 did not have a transom mounted Trim switch either, but it's cheap and easy enough to add. which is what I did..

Cappy 08-12-2020 04:34 PM

I thought my trim was broken while bringing boat out of the water the first time. Could not figure out how to get the prop all the way up for trailering. Finally, just before I was going to park it and call a mechanic I put on my reading glasses and saw the trailer trim button on the throttle.

I had 4 people scratching their heads at the launch trying to help me figure out how to get the prop up so I assume this is not a common feature.

I do not like this feature. One it is one more thing to remember when taking boat out. Previous boats I would just trim all the way up as needed with the same button. Also in shallow water I am forced to use the trailer trim button to get the prop up enough. Manual says don't do this but it seems no choice in some situations.

I like the idea of installing trim tabs. I swear on tight turns the boat is going to flip over, maybe trim tabs will make it more stable.