Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.


New happy Mariah Owner here. Bought a 1999 Z272 and looking for an Owners Manual

Original Mariah Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #1

Pat8150 is currently offline
Posts: 3
Status: Stowaway
Join Date: Jul 2018
My Year: 1999
My Model: Z272
My Engine: 7.4L
Gallery Images: 0


Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send Pat8150:
a Private Message
 
Default New happy Mariah Owner here. Bought a 1999 Z272 and looking for an Owners Manual

Bought the boat and it has been great but our old Boat Lift decided it no longer wanted to lift so needs to be replaced. I am trying to figure out how much the Z272 weighs so I can buy the proper lift. I have checked NADA and Google searches. Found answers ranging from 4,900 lbs to 7,200 lbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would also love to get my hands on an Owners Manual. Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote
  • Old 07-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #2

    LarTam is currently offline
    Posts: 6
    Status: Silver Contributor
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    My Year: 1998
    My Model: Z260 MCC
    My Engine: 7. 4 L MPI Bravo 3
    Gallery Images: 0


    Thanks: 2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Send LarTam:
    a Private Message
     
    Default Re: New happy Mariah Owner here. Bought a 1999 Z272 and looking for an Owners Manual

    Hello,
    I installed a lift for a Z260 and planned on 8000 lbs. Lift is probably good for 10,000. I have what they call an owners manual but it is just a book on boating safety and boating rules. :-( Evidently there is no such thing. Unfortunately you have to learn by trial and error. I still don't know what some of my switches and breakers do.
    Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #3

    Pat8150 is currently offline
    Posts: 3
    Status: Stowaway
    Join Date: Jul 2018
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z272
    My Engine: 7.4L
    Gallery Images: 0


    Thanks: 1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Send Pat8150:
    a Private Message
     
    Default Re: New happy Mariah Owner here. Bought a 1999 Z272 and looking for an Owners Manual

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LarTam View Post
    Hello,
    I installed a lift for a Z260 and planned on 8000 lbs. Lift is probably good for 10,000. I have what they call an owners manual but it is just a book on boating safety and boating rules. :-( Evidently there is no such thing. Unfortunately you have to learn by trial and error. I still don't know what some of my switches and breakers do.
    I am running through the same issues. Unfortunately with the lifts there is a big difference in price between a 6,500 to 10,000 lb lift. I understand the difficulty since Mariah is technically no longer in business but so far the internet has not been able to supply me the simple answer to "How much does my boat way?". Thanks for the response
    Reply With Quote
    Old 07-11-2018, 12:09 AM   #4

    mikeyt is currently offline
    Posts: 6,592
    Status: Platinum Contributor
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 15


    Thanks: 87
    Thanked 471 Times in 439 Posts
     
    Default Re: New happy Mariah Owner here. Bought a 1999 Z272 and looking for an Owners Manual

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pat8150 View Post
    I am running through the same issues. Unfortunately with the lifts there is a big difference in price between a 6,500 to 10,000 lb lift. I understand the difficulty since Mariah is technically no longer in business but so far the internet has not been able to supply me the simple answer to "How much does my boat way?". Thanks for the response
    Your boat "ways" 4,900 lbs or 2,223 kgs per the 1999 factory brochure. Adding in a full tank of fuel (125 gals = 787 lbs) plus accessories etc will put you in the realistic area of 6000 - 6500 lbs.

    And Mariah is more than 'technically no longer in business'. It is defunct / dead / deceased / died / bankrupt / lifeless / pushin' up daisies etc. The maker of your Mariah shut down in 2001. The new Mariah owner (SeaFox) assumed no responsibility or support for any of the original Mariah boats. And then the new Mariah owner bit the dust in 2013.
    Reply With Quote
    Thank you mikeyt for this useful post!
    Pat8150 (07-11-2018)
    Old 07-11-2018, 04:12 AM   #5

    Pat8150 is currently offline
    Posts: 3
    Status: Stowaway
    Join Date: Jul 2018
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z272
    My Engine: 7.4L
    Gallery Images: 0


    Thanks: 1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Send Pat8150:
    a Private Message
     
    Default Re: New happy Mariah Owner here. Bought a 1999 Z272 and looking for an Owners Manual

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    Your boat "ways" 4,900 lbs or 2,223 kgs per the 1999 factory brochure. Adding in a full tank of fuel (125 gals = 787 lbs) plus accessories etc will put you in the realistic area of 6000 - 6500 lbs.

    And Mariah is more than 'technically no longer in business'. It is defunct / dead / deceased / died / bankrupt / lifeless / pushin' up daisies etc. The maker of your Mariah shut down in 2001. The new Mariah owner (SeaFox) assumed no responsibility or support for any of the original Mariah boats. And then the new Mariah owner bit the dust in 2013.
    Thanks for the information. And sorry about the Brain Cramp with the grammar. You have no idea how many sites we searched and the different answers we found. Glad to hear 4,900 dry versus 7,200 dry. Thanks again
    mikeyt likes this.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks




    Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools


    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Wanted: 1998 Mariah z202 owners manual Stalbers Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted 2 07-10-2016 11:50 PM
    1994 Mariah owners manual kathysimp3 Introductions 4 03-18-2015 04:45 PM
    1996 Mariah owners manual ??? Tmyers85 Introductions 2 04-04-2014 10:27 PM
    Mariah 1995 Owners Manual filfernandes Introductions 2 09-29-2008 11:44 PM



    Forum Right Top
    Forum Left Bottom Forum Right Bottom
     
    Right Left
    Member Login
    Forgot password?
    Forum LeftForum Right

    About the Club
    Age of the Mariah Owners Club:

    Total Members: 14,158
    Total Threads: 11,366
    Total Posts: 63,598
    Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to Mariah Owners Club on YouTube
    There are 128 users
    currently browsing forums.
    Forum LeftForum Right

    Find us on Facebook
    Forum LeftForum Right

    Club Sponsors
    Right Sponsor





    Forum LeftForum Right
    Right Right
    Right Bottom Left Right Bottom Right