The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   ECU scan software for free (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/11732-ecu-scan-software-free.html)

GaryDoug 07-06-2018 01:31 PM

Re: ECU scan software for free

Hi Steve,

I will be working on the MEFI2 program this weekend and may have something to test early next week. It will involve collecting a log file while running the program, which will NOT yet work properly for the mefi2. I just need to get the data before plugging in all the info for the mefi2.

In the meantime, you can install the drivers needed for the cable, Your pc should download and install the drivers automatically if it has an internet connection. If it doesn't, let me know,

Thanks
Gary

GaryDoug 07-09-2018 02:57 AM

Came down with some flu-like symptoms today so this may take a little longer, but it will get done.

Hudson River Steve 07-09-2018 10:14 AM

Feel better. Have to take a business trip this week then away for a week on vacation. Will not be able to get to it until late July.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GaryDoug 07-24-2018 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The MEFI2 scan program is ready to try: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zb1b02...MEFI2.zip/file

It is an ".exe" file and your pc will probably warn you seriously about trusting it. You can select "run anyway" or something similar depending on the operating system and/or antivirus protection installed..

I have found that some cables need to have a small low-power silicon diode added to the cable. It goes in the orange (TXD) wire with the anode end toward the ECM connector end. Any small diode will work, I used a 1n4001 type. Without the diode, many cables will not connect.

Your pc will need to have Microsoft .Net Framework installed, ver 4.0 or later. Most newer pcs already have it installed, but if not, you can download it for free from Microsoft.

To test the software, the ignition must be on, but the engine does not have to be running yet. After we confirm operation, we can talk about some data collection with the engine running later.

You will need o determine what virtual serial port (Comx) is used by the cable. To do that, start the program without the cable attached. Note which Com ports, if any, are listed in the program's Com Port drop down selection box. Stop the program and plug the cable into the pc. Then restart the program and note the Com port number that is added to the list. You will select that one in the program. Connect the other end of the cable to the connector on the engine and turn on the ignition switch. Click on Connect and data numbers should appear in the engine tab screen boxes. If not, we can troubleshoot that. If they appear, you can click on Scan and see live data. About the only useful thing that you can see with the engine not running is the throttle position. You can move the throttle and see the changes for that.

Thanks

Roger Mija 11-27-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryDoug (Post 64606)
MEFI4.exe beta version 013 is available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b6r9np...MEFI4.exe/file

I have downloaded your scanner. Do you think it will work on a Crusader 8.1L MPI MEFI4b?
I have both OBD and DTC. Which would work best?

Roger Mija 11-27-2020 11:38 PM

I downloaded the software. Thanks.
Will this work with Crusader 8.1L, MPI, MEFI4b?
Do you use the OBDII of DTC connector?

GaryDoug 11-29-2020 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Mija (Post 68024)
I downloaded the software. Thanks.
Will this work with Crusader 8.1L, MPI, MEFI4b?
Do you use the OBDII of DTC connector?

I do not know what version ecm you have. Is it an MEFI4? or 3 or 2?
If you see a 16-pin OBD2 connector, then it probably will not work. The connector must be a 10-pin version as described above. And you need to make a special cable just for the MEFI ecm's.

Roger Mija 12-06-2020 03:12 PM

Your software works great on 2004 Crusader 8.1L with MEFI4b. Your software is smoother to set up than the many of the other options. Thank you for your work and offering this as freeware.

mikeyt 02-18-2022 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biellia (Post 69555)
With this OBD2 diagnostic app, you can communicate with your car's OBD-II system quick and easy, and turn your mobile into a highly capable automotive scanner. ... This app is free but to unlock all the features, an upgrade is available using in-app purchase.

Since you are a spammer, I assume you haven't realized this is a boating forum....

BertBandit 02-18-2022 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biellia (Post 69555)
With this OBD2 diagnostic app, you can communicate with your car's OBD-II system quick and easy, and turn your mobile into a highly capable automotive scanner. ... This app is free but to unlock all the features, an upgrade is available using in-app purchase.

No it's not OBD2. It is OBD1.
I am replying with a new account because my old one does not work
GaryDoug