The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Bravo 3 flushout attachment (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/11727-bravo-3-flushout-attachment.html)

GaryDoug 08-15-2017 09:48 PM

Bravo 3 flushout attachment

I am looking for a better flush attachment for my Mercruiser Bravo 3 Dual prop outdrive. The one I received with the boat is a simple "earmuffs" spring-pressure type from Walmart. I do not trust it to stay in place and so have to keep an eye on it while the engine flushes. It has not yet fallen off or become badly displaced while in use but I don't want to wait until that happens and risk ruining the water pump impeller. I see that the Mercury Quicksilver version has a rod and clip that keeps the attachment in place but there are some notes suggesting that the Bravo drive needs some optional seals to be used with it. Can anyone tell me what is working for your Bravo 3? Do you use the Quicksilver adapter and, if so, do you use the seal kit also?
Thanks

chuse927 08-15-2017 09:52 PM

Re: Bravo 3 flushout attachment

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryDoug (Post 63689)
I am looking for a better flush attachment for my Mercruiser Bravo 3 Dual prop outdrive. The one I received with the boat is a simple "earmuffs" spring-pressure type from Walmart. I do not trust it to stay in place and so have to keep an eye on it while the engine flushes. It has not yet fallen off or become badly displaced while in use but I don't want to wait until that happens and risk ruining the water pump impeller. I see that the Mercury Quicksilver version has a rod and clip that keeps the attachment in place but there are some notes suggesting that the Bravo drive needs some optional seals to be used with it. Can anyone tell me what is working for your Bravo 3? Do you use the Quicksilver adapter and, if so, do you use the seal kit also?
Thanks

This is what my dealer said use. It's quiclkcilver works fine https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...79824a875e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Brian Belcher 08-15-2017 09:55 PM

Well. Can't argue with that picture !! I didn't realize that the two intakes were open to each other.

chuse927 08-15-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Belcher (Post 63691)
Well. Can't argue with that picture !! I didn't realize that the two intakes were open to each other.

Just punch the shaft through the intake and it sucks on really good. I've used it several times no issues

GaryDoug 08-15-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuse927 (Post 63690)
This is what my dealer said use. It's quiclkcilver works fine

Thanks, Just to confirm, you do have the Bravo 3 drive. Is that correct? And you do not use a seal kit with the adapter?

chuse927 08-15-2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryDoug (Post 63693)
Thanks, Just to confirm, you do have the Bravo 3 drive. Is that correct? And you do not use a seal kit with the adapter?

Yes bravo3 and no adapter

GaryDoug 08-15-2017 11:18 PM

Thanks again. I just put one on order.

chuse927 08-15-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryDoug (Post 63695)
Thanks again. I just put one on order.

No problem. What boat is your bravo 3 attached too [emoji3]

GaryDoug 08-16-2017 01:25 AM

It's the one in my signature: 1999 Z202

GaryDoug 08-16-2017 02:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In case it's of any interest, I did some searching for the dual water intake on some Mercruiser drives and found a few images. Apparently some drives have the water pickup on the front of the gearcase, not on the sides; and some have both pickups. So if you use the standard adapter on a drive with both pickups, you have to cover the front pickup holes. That's the function of the seal kit. My drive is not one of those with the front pickups.