The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Z275 Shabah Dual Trim Tab Rocker Switch Replacement (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/11550-z275-shabah-dual-trim-tab-rocker-switch-replacement.html)

bisham 06-17-2017 05:06 PM

Z275 Shabah Dual Trim Tab Rocker Switch Replacement

One of my trim switches was bad. Could not find an exact replacement. Ended up purchasing a Lenco 122 Double Rocker Switch. I pulled off all of the wires and jumpers from the back of the Lenco switch, then reinstalled them to match the copper plate jumpers on the back of my original Mariah dual switch. Attached the four wires to the Mariah connector in the exact same positions and it works like a charm. The screw holes are off about 3/32" but slightly elongating does the trick. Had to remove the radio to get to the wiring.

chuse927 06-20-2017 11:10 AM

Re: Z275 Shabah Dual Trim Tab Rocker Switch Replacement

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisham (Post 62741)
One of my trim switches was bad. Could not find an exact replacement. Ended up purchasing a Lenco 122 Double Rocker Switch. I pulled off all of the wires and jumpers from the back of the Lenco switch, then reinstalled them to match the copper plate jumpers on the back of my original Mariah dual switch. Attached the four wires to the Mariah connector in the exact same positions and it works like a charm. The screw holes are off about 3/32" but slightly elongating does the trick. Had to remove the radio to get to the wiring.

My trim switch is bad as well. Up not functioning well on my 272. Do you mind posting a photo so I can see if we are talking about the same set Up?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bisham 06-21-2017 11:39 PM

Yes, I will get a photo of the new switch installed and the back of the old switch and post them.

chuse927 06-22-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisham (Post 62827)
Yes, I will get a photo of the new switch installed and the back of the old switch and post them.

Thanks

bisham 06-23-2017 08:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo of the new switch installed and of the back of the old switch. The color wires on the old switch are the wires that go to the connector. Jumper the back of the new switch to match the copper connections on the old switch so you end up with the 4 connecting wires in exactly the same place on the new switch.

chuse927 06-23-2017 08:31 PM

Was this for trim tabs or lower unit trim? My issue is lower unit trim switch

bisham 06-23-2017 08:33 PM

This was for the dual trim tabs.