The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Watermark decal perfect recreation (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/11245-watermark-decal-perfect-recreation.html)

Scotty's 01-19-2017 03:03 AM

Watermark decal perfect recreation

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody.
As everybody knows these are impossible to get anymore. So.....
After about a year and a half (and more money spent than I'll ever admit) of trying to get our graphics recreated as close to the original as possible, I finally found a place that was able to do it. It is a perfect match to the original. I mean an exact copy. See for yourself. The place did an incredible job!!!!
The original one is on the top and the new 2017 is on the bottom.
I have the file in all formats(AI,EPS, and pdf), I would like to donate them to the site for all current and future Mariah owners. Chris please let me know how I can get these to you.
I hope to have the long stripe and the add on Limited Edition decal files soon.
Please let me know what you all think.

msmith68 01-19-2017 03:24 PM

Re: Watermark decal perfect recreation

That's looks great! I have a 1998 Z210 Shabah, and that is something I would definitely be interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baholtz 01-20-2017 04:23 AM

Those look great. Not to hi-jack your thread, but do you know of anyone who makes the raised emblems still? I'm totally being lazy and not checking the original parts thread.

CHICKS75 01-20-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty's (Post 61203)
Hi everybody.
After about a year and a half (and more money spent than I'll ever admit) of trying to get our graphics recreated as close to the original as possible, I finally found a place that was able to do it. It is a perfect match to the original. I mean an exact copy. See for yourself. The place did an incredible job!!!!
I have the file in all formats(AI,EPS, and pdf), I would like to donate them to the site for all current and future Mariah owners. Chris please let me know how I can get these to you.

Instead of the file I'd like to purchase them directly from you if possible? My opinion is the marriage of a good drawing plus a good vinyl shop is the only way to get an exact mach and it seems you have found that. :wink_thumbup:

To all others, Scotty's is a perfectionist! He hooked me up twice with perfect duplicates of the 6" oval Mariah Shabah decal that goes on the outside hull, mid ship & the "glove box" !!!
Scotty's Da Man!!
:yes_grin:

Scotty's 01-20-2017 01:27 PM

Thanks Chick......I appreciate it.
Baholtz....
The only place to get the large Mariah on the side is from Mike. Listed on the original parts and vendors page. He was out of the 17 in on the pre 99 models a couple of years ago. He only has left the larger ones from 99/00 to 01. But I havent got a response from him in a long time. That was according to the last ebay listing he had up awhile back.
These will probably never be remade. I've tried having some domed labels made of them but it just doesn't look good.
What I have found out is these were made using a thermal die cut out of large gold foil backed plastic sheets.
Just the die alone would be anywhere 10000 to 25000 to have made or could be more. From what I was told.
Just wish someone knew where the originals were made. I would contact them.

ShabahZ280 01-25-2017 08:34 PM

Hey Scotty,
You can email the files to me at [email protected] and I'll get them integrated into the site. Thanks for all your research and help with this! :wink_thumbup:

Danny1 06-17-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Hi everybody.

Hi, can I please ask how much did the pair of Mariah watermarks cost you to have made?
I purchased a 2007 SC23 last year and all the original decals need changing..
Kind regards Dan

FastEd 05-20-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Hi everybody.

I see this is an old post but you still have these graphics? files/extras? I would like to replace mine on a 1999 Z212

CHICKS75 06-03-2019 06:40 AM

Bump?

Cmart 06-07-2019 06:39 AM

https://www.racelinedigital.com/stor...ath=89_162_166