The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   New owner Talari Z211 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/10997-new-owner-talari-z211.html)

shipfaced 07-23-2016 04:38 PM

New owner Talari Z211

Hey everyone. I had a baja for years and was looking for something just a little more comfortable where the baja was made for just one thing IMO. Any way after looking for awhile i found a 1998 talari with 176 hours on it.... It has the 5.0 EFI motor... Alot less then i had before but hoping this boat will do 40s when asked to and can get on plane with not much trouble. It has a 21P on it now but thinking i might drop it to a 19. Anyone know of any issues i need to look for on this boat or things i should fix or change to prevent future problems... Thanks!

Firestone 07-23-2016 11:39 PM

Re: New owner Talari Z211

Check the stickies in the for sale section. Not many hours on her. How's the interior and hull?

shipfaced 07-24-2016 04:52 AM

The only spot in the interior that does not look brand new is the rear port side of the bench seat... that is the side they used to get in and out... it is not bad it is not torn its just that you can tell it was used more there. I will try to post photos tomorrow.

shipfaced 07-27-2016 12:58 AM

Got the boat home and in the warehouse... Runs well no issues i can see other then fuse for the depth gauge is a little touchy.... Does anyone know what size speakers are in the boat was thinking of upgrading them before i put it in the water.... not sure if i want to install the remote pad on the transom for the cd player or not I dont like putting holes in perfectly good fiberglass.

shipfaced 08-01-2016 12:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few photos

Firestone 08-01-2016 12:46 PM

Wow that boat interior looks nice! For the depth gauge search the site there are quite a few discussion. They can be touchy. Mine blinks 0.5 about half the time

CHICKS75 08-03-2016 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GOOD LOOKING BOAT!!!

Funny thing about that depth gauge.... I put up a few question post but when i actually got down and looked at it, it had detached itself from the epoxy hole it originally came in. I thought, oh well, the dial tick marks were going out and ill replace it this winter, so i put a whole tube of adhesive on the bottom of the transducer and suck it back in the hole, to get me through the season.. well i'll be damn, after a week, i did this on a monday, Saturday we were out and the depth gauge works perfectly and all my tick marks are lit up so i can tell a 5 from a 6, 9 !! I was stoked!!!

For the speaker size i would do a search, not sure if a Talari is different from a Shabah.

i put a radio remote on mine and was a great investment as we do a lot of floating and beaching.

shipfaced 08-03-2016 04:25 PM

Thanks it's in much better shape then other boats from this year I looked at. My depth gauge works if you mess with the breaker button. I am not sure where the fuse panel is yet sadly

CHICKS75 08-03-2016 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shipfaced (Post 60237)
Thanks it's in much better shape then other boats from this year I looked at. My depth gauge works if you mess with the breaker button. I am not sure where the fuse panel is yet sadly

Maybe directly below the instrument cluster, by your right knee? That is where mine is.

shipfaced 08-03-2016 04:30 PM

I have a small group of white push button breakers there