Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Old Mariah Quality

Original Mariah Talk

Old 11-17-2015, 01:42 AM   #1

Chap is currently offline
My Year: 1996
My Model: 209
My Engine: 5.7L Alpha One
Gallery Images: 0

Send Chap:
a Private Message

Default Old Mariah Quality

Well I'm new to this forum and with boating season over there doesn't seem to be much to talk about. That being said, I just wanted to share with whoever is reading a conversation I had with a gentleman out on KY Lake. It was the beginning of October and not many boats were out on the lakes. I took the family out for the last few warm days of the season. We beached the boat in a nice sandy bay where my boys like to run around and there were only two boats there with us. One sailboat and the other was a 42' Searay cruiser. I made my way over and introduced myself and started having a couple brews with a guy as we chatted. I admired his Searay. He looked to my Talari and complemented as well. Said he was from S. Illinois and was familiar with the old Mariah factory, it being near where he grew up. He had a lot of buddies that worked there. Celebrity's factory was right across the street, where he had friends that worked there too. He stated both factories would take their fiberglass hulls and have them x-rayed. The big difference was if Mariah found a defect they would crush the hull and dispose. If Celebrity found a defect they would patch it and continue the build. Not sure if it's true but it sounds like the quality standards I read about the old Mariah's having.
  • Old 01-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #2

zugzug is currently offline
    My Year: 2001
    My Model: Z320
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 0

Send zugzug:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Old Mariah Quality

That story is true. I am from Marion, IL and my mom sold these "original" Mariah boats at her dealership EN Baker Chevrolet Cadillac. I went to school with the son of Jimmy Fulks and currently own one of these boats myself. The quality and care that went into making these boats was 2nd to none. I hope you enjoy your boat as much as I do mine and thanks for sharing your story.
    Old 03-21-2016, 01:12 AM   #3

phillycincykid is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1990
    My Model: xlc 2150
    My Engine: 5.7 l mercruiser
    Gallery Images: 18

Send phillycincykid:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Old Mariah Quality

i have a original 1990 and other then the things that were destroyed by the carelessness of previous owners, such as the floor, the hull and everything else is superior construction. i had the floor rebuilt to a standard that would have made the original ship builders proud
    not that i ever wish this any anyone, including myself, but if the boat was to take a hit, i would feel more confident in my boat then alot of the other boats ive been in