The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   New to me Z308! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/10467-new-me-z308.html)

Kate & Aaal 09-08-2020 12:18 AM

Re: New to me Z308!

She is beautiful...we also just got a 2001 Z308. She is docked at St. Williams Ontario Canada. We have no manuals other than for a fish finder, so any manuals or info anyone has ould be really appreciated :)

mikeyt 09-08-2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate & Aaal (Post 67673)
She is beautiful...we also just got a 2001 Z308. She is docked at St. Williams Ontario Canada. We have no manuals other than for a fish finder, so any manuals or info anyone has ould be really appreciated :)

Take some time and read a couple of the STICKYS located at the top of the Introductions Forum regarding the benefits of becoming a 'contributing' member and regarding 'manuals'.

Been to St Williams a number of times and used to have a cottage at Long Point so I'm very familiar with the area.

Bruce B 01-26-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate & Aaal (Post 67673)

It's been a while since I got on line and noticed your post. We have a 2000 Z308 and absolutely love the boat. We've made a few mods for our style of boating. I've done about anything you can do to our "Good Chi" so ifyou have any questions, fire away and I'll try to answer.
Bruce

aaron5643 04-04-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ280 (Post 57820)
Glad everything worked out and she's home ipgregory! 2400 miles is a heck of a trip. Was that your tow vehicle in the pic? If so I'm impressed. That's a heavy boat to be towing that sort of distance.

Yes, twins were only offered on the Z308's, (twin 4.3's, twin 5.0L, twin 5.7L's, or D-tronic diesels (volvo options also available). According to the build sheets I have, only 24 of them were ever built, and only one was with a single engine.

Good luck with it, and you'll have to keep us posted with the cleaning process and post some pics when she's all spiffed up! I know I'm jealous :wink_thumbup:

Wait, are you serious? Are you saying only one Z308 was made with a single engine?

mikeyt 04-04-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron5643 (Post 68406)
Wait, are you serious? Are you saying only one Z308 was made with a single engine?

Yes, that is what he said back in 2015....

Kate & Aaal 11-28-2021 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce B (Post 68208)
It's been a while since I got on line and noticed your post. We have a 2000 Z308 and absolutely love the boat. We've made a few mods for our style of boating. I've done about anything you can do to our "Good Chi" so ifyou have any questions, fire away and I'll try to answer.
Bruce

Thank you..We absolute love our Z308. The only thing we weren't in love with was the swim platform. That is all about to change though. We've ordered a new one and are having it installed in the spring. I will post pics when she's done :)

mikeyt 11-28-2021 03:37 AM

Welcome to the MOC from a fellow Canuck.

Bruce B 01-05-2022 08:43 PM

As I wrote early on, I think I've done about every MOD on our "Good Chi" that I can think of. Here's a couple pics of the extended deck we had made for her. We love it!! as you can see we incorporated a new locker for the ladder and used the old one to store a washdown hose and BBQ stand. The two retractable cleats are really used for grab handles as you come up the ladder. Otherwise there is nothing to hold on to. Under the deck, I installed lights that illuminate the water and make it easy to play in the water if you are so inclined. Unfortunately, I had filled the gas tank to full when it went into dry storage from one of our outings. The gas expanded and some leaked on the deck and made the stain that I have yet to figure out how to remove. Bottom line though is that I'm not sure we could live without the extended deck. It is so much fun and practical too.

I'm trying to send some pics of our extended deck, but having some trouble. I have contacted the administrator to see why I'm getting and error message I'm getting. You can contact me at [email protected] if you would like me to send you pictures direct.

mikeyt 01-06-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce B (Post 69482)
As I wrote early on, I think I've done about every MOD on our "Good Chi" that I can think of. Here's a couple pics of the extended deck we had made for her. We love it!! as you can see we incorporated a new locker for the ladder and used the old one to store a washdown hose and BBQ stand. The two retractable cleats are really used for grab handles as you come up the ladder. Otherwise there is nothing to hold on to. Under the deck, I installed lights that illuminate the water and make it easy to play in the water if you are so inclined. Unfortunately, I had filled the gas tank to full when it went into dry storage from one of our outings. The gas expanded and some leaked on the deck and made the stain that I have yet to figure out how to remove. Bottom line though is that I'm not sure we could live without the extended deck. It is so much fun and practical too.

I'm trying to send some pics of our extended deck, but having some trouble. I have contacted the administrator to see why I'm getting and error message I'm getting. You can contact me at [email protected] if you would like me to send you pictures direct.

If i remember right from my Mod days here, this site had a size limit on pics so you may be exceeding that limit. The software here is old and needs to be updated. Good luck getting Admin to respond.....

TeceCagsBeema1q 01-27-2022 11:24 AM

Wow, Nice 1st time I see can you provide me the list of all modules. A few days before I got all details about the Fishing kayak and its related accessories